tropical photos on the horizon

Blue Marlin

Hi all just to let ya'll know i'm off to my 2nd home (Mauritius) tomorrow for 5 months and'll be snap-happy with the digi-cam every day so watch this space for plenty of unusual photos..

I love taking macro shots! here's some of the photos i took near our house last time i was out there, some macros, some not..

shame they are so compressed tho, i'm gutted as the originals are really sharp.. my friend has given me the server space for free as a favour but he is ever concious of my file sizes as i'm concistently on top of the bandwidth usage list out of around 300 of his clients websites on the server :( ahh well u'll get the gist, compressed or not... the originals are on the computer in MU so looking fwdd to getting my hands on em.. i'll try and post some much sharper versions..

wish me a (as they say) bon voyage.. my bus to heathrow leaves cardiff @ 10:00am tomorrow morning n i return to the UK end of July :sun:

hh75m_lg.jpg

hh77m_lg.jpg

hh76m_lg.jpg

hh73m_lg.jpg

hh70m_lg.jpg

hh46m_lg.jpg

hh41m_lg.jpg

hh69m_lg.jpg

hh62m_lg.jpg

hh68m_lg.jpg

Edited by Blue Marlin

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Five months in the Mauritius? You poor thing :wallbash:

Great pictures, can't wait to see more.

kooel yep i'll make sure i post plenty..

everyones saying the same as you finepix but i am kinda gutted.. to me it's a home from home, altho special i'm not gonna enjoy it as others would, besides i'm gonna be working most of the time trying to expand this bloody accommodation agency... not nice being in a suit all day in that heat i tell ya.. :(

plus i'm even more gutted that i'm missing the fishing season here... i've been so so so looking fwdd to going spinning down the river since last september... ahh well suppose that'll have to wait till july now..

Edited by Blue Marlin

Well I'm sure you'll find time to get out and fish whilst you are there... what are those coloured fish? They look incredible and HUGE!

they are parrot fish my friend! fab eh, really bright colours...

thats our house in the background obscured by the trees.. every day the fisherman bring the catch in and sort them out right outside our gate on the beach.. it's always an event with many villagers turning up for some bargain fish.. we usually purchase a few too and they throw em to us over the fence... i then gut & de-scale em & straight on the barbie.. cant get fresher than that.. suppose thats one thing to look fwdd to, i should be looking on the bright side really n stop worrying about trapesing round in a suit in the blazing sun... ups & downs init...

I'm gutted for ya too, go on then get lost overseas. I hope they have an especially hot summer whilst your there in your suit with your bbq'ed fresh fish 'n all

Ratbag!!.. :lol:

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet