tropical photos on the horizon

Blue Marlin

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they are parrot fish my friend! fab eh, really bright colours...

thats our house in the background obscured by the trees.. every day the fisherman bring the catch in and sort them out right outside our gate on the beach.. it's always an event with many villagers turning up for some bargain fish.. we usually purchase a few too and they throw em to us over the fence... i then gut & de-scale em & straight on the barbie.. cant get fresher than that.. suppose thats one thing to look fwdd to, i should be looking on the bright side really n stop worrying about trapesing round in a suit in the blazing sun... ups & downs init...

Hi,

I spent 4 years in the U.K, I'm from Mauritius. I've done surfcasting for almost 3 years in the U.K. I live 15mins from Port-louis. I got back last year and has started fishing nearly every weekend since.

My hunting grounds are on the west coast, I'm now a converted Ultralight lure fisherman?

I can see some unicorn in the pics you posted and a Giant trevally among the parrots.

On weekends I hunt trevallies from the shore. Just went fishing this morning and I got caught up by the rain!

Cheers

Jackyboy

Edited by Jackyboy

haha some funny things said, judy steve finepix :lol: :lol: :lol:

i landed safe and sound, hate that darn flight.. knackered now but good news, i've located the original photos on my pc out ere so will post some sharper 1's tomorrow once i've shaken the jet-lag..

& hi Jackyboy, if your about in mauritius get in touch i'm sure we could hook up and go fishing for some trevalli, that'd be wkd.. i also love going for super-light set-ups! brought along my 5"6 St.Croix Rod, it's like a feather but mega strong.. fun fun fun.. i'll post some pics ere tomorrow!!! :sun:

well, been raining non stop since last night and i mean torrential! bit of a storm happening at the mo, might linger for a few days.. at least it's keeping the mozzies in check as they seem to like me loads & i'm always on the menu..

found some great pics of a fantastic storm witnessed last time i was here.. a small tornado started taking shape but dispursed before it had to touch down properly...

the sun was beaming behind me in the 1st pic, was suprised how much it hightlighted the oncoming storm.

the 2nd pic looks completely different altho it was just a few minutes later taken from a similar position..

c20c0c87.jpg

2d7bf3bc.jpg

Edited by Blue Marlin

Now settled in Mauritius, Saturday mornings, I fish the Harbour at Port-louis. On Sundays I move around the West coast. :)

The trevallies are about all year round but not in big numbers, the peak months are December-April. After you catch the odd one when they are about or you get the smaller size. From Late May, I'll be going after the squid and the Threadfin salmon.

The heavy rain has flodded a few places and it's not going to be good fishing for the next couple of weeks!

P.S nice pictures, that jetty should be excellent for squid fishing as from late May! It looks like a venue in the North of the island.

Storm or not, it looks fantastic. I think if you forgot to pack anything, I'd only be too glad to bring it for you!!

haha kool.. & yes jackyboy we're in the north! :D... Grand Gaube

here's some other nice pics i took last time i was ere...

Grand Baie 1

87accd8c.jpg

Grand Baie 2

395728bf.jpg

Grand Baie 3 - Sunset / Dusk

2b90b7dc.jpg