Fish finder plug corroded

YakDiver

Went out to the garage today and the pins on the plug have corroded, so it looks like a trip to Garmin on Monday morning, it's less than 2 miles up the road for me, but more expense maybe I should have put some Vaseline on the pins....we live and learn :(

Lat/Long :- N50°58.366 W001°26.468

I must go down to the sea again

To the lonely sea and sky

I left my shoes and socks there

I wonder if they're dry?

vaseline isnt really waterproof ,silicon grease is better (not the silicone you use to glue i hasten to add) a spray with contact cleaner with lube also should keep it reasonably clean as well but needs regular use.

if you go to maplins you may find the same socket,seal up the wire end and keep it on the plug ensuring its safe from harm .a bit of silicone grease and its bobs your relation

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I'm a happy bunny

Took my Garmin fishfinder back to Garmin they said if it can be repaired it will cost £20 if not you can have a reconditioned one for £40

Five days later phone call "your fishfinder is ready to pick up" Great how much "free of charge" free of charge yes it was done under the warranty.

Went to pick it up and it was a brand new still in the plastic box with one years warranty, strange I bought the other one in 2003 !!!!!!

I wonder if they're dry?

Yak diver,

Good service there.Can yout ell me what you think of the finder itself.I believe you had the 120 and I'm pondering which model to get.

Jon

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"

Hi Jon

I've got the Garmin 80 very basic and small 4.5W X 5H inches it does the job for me and sort of waterproof well I've had it on and got kicked out and it was underwater for a couple of minutes, and it survived that I've been told that I should have put silicon grease on the plug to stop the corrosion.

I wonder if they're dry?