newbie in a hobie

spuds

Hi guys,I'm new to the forum.I'm from north devon at torrington and have just bought a HOBIE OUTBACK KAYAK.

So far I've just paddled around the local estuary between bideford and westwood ho!

Are there any other north deb'n beys into kayaking in this area?

I usually fish from the shore but am looking forward to the freedom and flexibility of kayak fishing.

Hobie Mirage Outback.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome Spuds.

there is a whole Devon posse out there. Im sure you wont have to wait to long before they ensnare you. Seem a good bunch think you are in for a good time :fishing:

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Hi Spuds,

Nice to hear there is another Hobie owner out there. I think myself and Fatsimon are the only two on the forum. I live in Paignton and have had my Outback since September.

There are quite a few of us in Devon. I think I'll suggest another beer one night so that we can all met up before the end of the Winter.

Give me a call if you want to get together with us. I'm always happy to go out fishing (providing the Mrs gives me time off for good behaviour!)

Look forward to meeting up.

Dave

Kayak - Hobie Mirage Outback

Location - Paignton

There, see told you it wouldnt take long. :thumbs:

Guessed beer would come into it sooner or later but second paragraph has got to be a new record :headhurt::)

You got any queries just fire away loads of help here

Paul

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

:( CHUGGS I haven't heard of any decent cod being caught.

I fished putsborough and saunton about a month ago and caught a few whiting and a 2lb bass on sandeel cast into just beyond surfline.my other rod had Lug bait and was't touched.

Regards SPUDS.

Hobie Mirage Outback.