do you think he should be hung?

hembo

In addition the devastating affect of being repeatedly (sexually) abused throughout childhood for say 10-15 years can make them do some very frightening things when they are older, even if they are aware of right and wrong.

The operative word here is CAN. Help is available to those who seek it - too many don't.

A victim is a victim for their whole life, and often disowned by all members of their family who either side with the abuser, or try to ignore the whole thing.

I am speaking from first hand knowledge as the abused. A victim is a victim their whole life BUT they don't have to act like a victim or let it dictate their behavior. Defense attorney's who get people off using this as a defense turn my stomach.

Edited by Jan V

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The operative word here is CAN. Help is available to those who seek it - too many don't.

I am speaking from first hand knowledge as the abused. A victim is a victim their whole life BUT they don't have to act like a victim or let it dictate their behavior. Defense attorney's who get people off using this as a defense turn my stomach.

Yes but the in he example I am describing they do not know that help is available or are prevented from seeking it by their tormentors. These are rare cases, but do happen.

As to acting like a victim, no they don't have to, but others treat them very differently and sometimes wrongly once they find out their background. They are still always passive victims, however they behave themselves.

Interestingly I know a lawyer who defends people, mainly men, accused of incest against their children. I don't how she can do the job!

Back to this fellow. There has been nothing written about his background in the linked article. I simply cannot imagine why he did what he did. Maybe some people are simply just evil.

Edited by Lid