help me wiv my match fishing

Jamie Beard

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome Jamie.

We tolerate rabbit & tigger because they are both good anglers who know and will share a wealth of information.

About once a week for 2-3 hours, they are both civil to everyone. Other times, well ...... just pick out the nuggets of wisdom from their posts.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Welcome Jamie.

We tolerate rabbit & tigger because they are both good anglers who know and will share a wealth of information.

About once a week for 2-3 hours, they are both civil to everyone. Other times, well ...... just pick out the nuggets of wisdom from their posts.

'Tis true Newt, well almost but two good anglers ? Shame really because the GCSE reply I thought was quite funny, the humour may have been lost in trans-Atlantic translation :huh:

- - - - - - - - -

It's gotta be the accent rabbit. I figure I just miss the real jewels because my ears aren't properly trained yet. I tries and I tries but sometimes I just misses.

Errr - is it you or is it tigger that ain't such a pretty good angler? Just so I'll know next time.

Newt

'Tis true Newt, well almost but two good anglers ? Shame really because the GCSE reply I thought was quite funny, the humour may have been lost in trans-Atlantic translation :huh:

- - - - - - - - -

It's gotta be the accent rabbit. I figure I just miss the real jewels because my ears aren't properly trained yet. I tries and I tries but sometimes I just misses.

Errr - is it you or is it tigger that ain't such a pretty good angler? Just so I'll know next time.

Newt

Well the humour may have been lost, but at least the sarcasism is alive and well :lol:

It does not matter what kit you have.

I and many other's have seen a class of angler on the banks many times :

HAS ALL THE GEAR AND NO IDEA

These are anglers who think buying the best this and that will make them instantly good or just look good.

Dont worry about your kit, the best thing you can do is NOT enter the matches for a while.

Find out who the better anglers in the club are.

Go to the matches as a spectator and sit behind these anglers to see what they do and how they do it (as they set up at the start ask if you can sit behind them and if they dont mind answering any questions).

Then learn about the venues and the pegs.

You will soon learn where to fish for certain species in the peg, what baits work etc etc.

After all this start practising.

When you are confident ONLY THEN enter the matches and be prepared to struggle for a while until you become more confident and experianced.

On my first ever match I drew THE FLYER peg and thought I knew how to fish it and win.

I thought my 60lb was a winner until the match boys each side of me (Ipswich breakaway wasps and Ipswich Viscount tackle teams) weighed in ton plus hauls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It took me some years to frame and four to win a match.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

okay i have taken all your advice in and i will sit in some adult matches at my new club if i am anbl to do so. Also my mother says she is going to buy me a rod license at the start of april because that is when im going to start going again so i might aswell get a year out of it. Finally i am not lying about the GCSE part i have honestly got 3 GSCE'S which i took two years early in year 9.

I got:

b in ICT

b in technology

and a C in french.

i wud not lie because i have grew fond of this site and i really do want to improve as a angler.

PS- do i get my rod license from the post office and what do i need to take with me when i go there to get it??? thanks

PS- do i get my rod license from the post office and what do i need to take with me when i go there to get it??? thanks

No, No don't do it :nono: , don't get a rod licence be a rebel like me :punk:

They'll never take me alive :boxing::lol:

Tigger.