I think I might Emigrate!

Leon Roskilly

From the South Australian Liberal Party

Recreational Fishing

A Liberal Government will:

Fund a “Recreational Fishing Development Program” by providing $4 million over four years. This program will address shore-based fishing opportunities, boat launching facilities, stock enhancement, impoundment fishing, artificial reef deployment, and accessibility for disabled people.

Establish a separate Ministerial Recreational Fishing Advisory Council.

Commit to sustainable development of South Australia’s natural resource.

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We will see today whether or not the SA Democrats made any ground with their proposals. South Australia has a State election today and the result of that will tell all. :rolleyes:

Politicians are not responsible for a country's rise to greatness; The people are.

The people are not responsible for a country's fall to mediocrity; the politicians are.

We will see today whether or not the SA Democrats made any ground with their proposals. South Australia has a State election today and the result of that will tell all. :rolleyes:

The SA democrats lost 1 seat.......they have zilch in the SA parliament now. :clap2::clap2::clap2:

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

• 1 month later...
ps Pity the fish in Sydney Harbour are too toxic to be eaten now. I used to go out with a girl who's garden backed onto the harbour and was able to fish from the jetty at the bottom of the garden for flatheads, which her Italian mother used to cook!

Australia bans fishing in Sydney Harbor

Sydney | January 24, 2006 12:01:13 AM IST

:(

"SYDNEY harbour fisherman and their families have toxic chemicals in their blood up to ten times higher than the average Australian.

Blood samples taken from a group of Sydney fisherman who ate fish from the harbour three to four times each week showed high levels of dioxins in their blood, ABC Television reports.

One fisherman who began fishing full-time in 1946 had more than 113 picograms per gram of dioxin in his blood - more than ten times the Australian average.

The son of a fisherman also had dioxin levels seven times higher than the typical Australian child after eating prawns caught from the harbour."

http://www.sundaytimes.news.com.au/common/...55E1702,00.html

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

On Yorke Peninsular where i live in S Australia the government bought back netting licenses.

We have a limit on recreational fishers of 12 King George Whiting per day per person and a size limit of 32 centimetres, there is also a limit on salmon- garfish- tommie roughs-kingfish- squid and other species.

we can only hope this works to improve fish stocks.

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

Seem's to be a bit of a fight between state's as to what is right & wrong with rec fishing. NSW, VIC & SA impliment licences where as Qld doesnt ( except in the case of inland dam systems ). In each case it has inproved the inland systems with licencing fees going towards restocking of native fish. Native fish populations have inproved & the trout seasons have never been better. But, limiting area's where prople can reach the shoreline with a fishing rod is wrong & unjustified. As for commercal fishing, licencing fees have gone towards buying back these boats & businesses, a good thing in the long term I think, but It's gona take a wile to see some results.

Seem's to be a bit of a fight between state's as to what is right & wrong with rec fishing. NSW, VIC & SA impliment licences where as Qld doesnt ( except in the case of inland dam systems ). In each case it has inproved the inland systems with licencing fees going towards restocking of native fish. Native fish populations have inproved & the trout seasons have never been better. But, limiting area's where prople can reach the shoreline with a fishing rod is wrong & unjustified. As for commercal fishing, licencing fees have gone towards buying back these boats & businesses, a good thing in the long term I think, but It's gona take a wile to see some results.

It seems that there is a big loophole there, in NSW; intentional, or not, the commercial fishos sell their licences at a good profit, then buy back an old licence........ Hope that has been corrected.

In the Qld dams, it is paying off handsomely. The 29 dams that are on the State Impoundment Permit system (SIP licence) have excellent fishing and, of the $35/year fee, 75% goes directly back to the restocking of the eligible dams (which we can nominate) and 25% is for admin. Ergot, I can buy a sip in Mackay, travel 900 km to Glen Lyon dam and fish there at no extra cost. A brilliant idea.

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.