Spring is in the air ...

GlennB

Well, I was going to go down and fish the river this morning but it was just too bleeding cold, so I took a good long stroll and investigated some new stretches instead. The K+A canal nearby was frozen over, but the river looked great :)

But the evenings are lengthening dramatically and there's some warmth in the sun when it appears, and some of the weather websites are threatening temperatures *soaring* into the mid 10's within a few weeks, with southish winds (and rain, but that's OK).

Happy springtime and tight lines y'all

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

We've plunged back into the depths of winter up here. Just when things were looking positively "Springlike"

Sure did mate didnt even settle.

They call it "pitching" down here in the Wild West, dunno why :)

I'm betting a gudgeon to a minnow that within 2 weeks people will be moaning about the lawn growing, whingeing about the close season, and buying club books wot have canal fishing :fishing1:

Went for a walk this morning, even with sun up temp was -2. Took this at long range at Dam flask Near Sheffield. Yorkshire pike record fell here recently, banks been lined ever since. Dedication for you --

Dedication.jpg

Edited by Cameraman
If all else fails, follow the intructions.

• 2 weeks later...

But the evenings are lengthening dramatically and there's some warmth in the sun when it appears, and some of the weather websites are threatening temperatures *soaring* into the mid 10's within a few weeks, with southish winds (and rain, but that's OK).

I apologise unreservedly for talking such complete and utter ballocks on a public forum.

I also promise never to look at Metcheck again, let alone believe a word they say.

What's obviously going to happen is that frosty nights and bitter winds will prevail until the start of Wimbledon fortnight, when we will have 2 weeks of thunderstorms. This will be followed by the early arrival of a squally cold autumn.

Yours shiveringly,

Glenn

Nice apology!

It's pretty poor again after a glimmer of hope. We seem to have Sweden's weather with England's women. A pretty depressing combination. :yucky:

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music