Todays Anglers Protect Tomorrows Environment

sam-cox

The above is a fraze I once heard used by a freshwater angler, he was explaining to me that if it wasnt for anglers many canals , lakes and river would be either built on or so full of rubbish they would be in effect dead.

Now will it be SEA ANGLERS who save our seas from becomeing barron deaserts of salt water.

Maybe the few commercial fisherman that will be left in 5 or ten years will be greatfull for the few sea anglers that are campaigning for the protection of our inner Estuaries, because if they succeed it wont only be us anglers that benifit it will be the remain commercial fleet as well.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

Can't find it now, but I recently saw an article from the states, in a commercial fishing magazine, regarding the recovery of the Striped Bass saying 'Thank God for the Recreationals' :)

Recently, talking to some green NGOs, they made the point that they had been able to do far more on land to protect wildlife, than they have so far achieved at sea.

'The problem is nobody knows or cares about what's beneath the waves', they bemoaned. 'The public doesn't give a damn'.

'Hmmm!' I replied, there's maybe 2 million of the 'public' who care deeply about what happens beneath the waves, and have some knowledge of the creatures there, and what's happening to them'.

'Sea-Anglers'

'And they talk to their friends and families'

I could almost see the lights coming on behind their eyes!

Tight Lines - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

What! Who turned the lights on?

Have to agree. However, we only care because of self interest. In other words, we don't catch many fish anymore.

When there were loads of fish in the sixties, we were not aware that trawlers were taking too many fish. If only the fish stocks had been properly managed when there were healthy stocks, we wouldn't be in the mess we are in today.

can we not demonstrate and block the M25 for a few hours or some thing it really is time we had political recongnition.

cos lets face it we havent got long before the fish are all gone!

what do we do next?

I tend to agree Kcrusty, did suggest putting together a petition which was so large it could not be ignored, they do work well.

I see what you are saying kentangler, but in all fairness no one knew the damage being done then.

All to often we find ourselves in a retrospect situation and trying to shut the gate after the horse has bolted.

I think a large number of people are aware of the situation but being so complex it is difficult to take the correct action.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

it doesnt matter why we care selfishly or not.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

:confused: I agree in principle - BUT the majority of Sea Anglers still deposit loads of rubbish on leaving a beach mark!!!! I personally collect ALL debris whoever left it within 50-100yds of my fishing mark..... :o If everyone did the same the beaches would be spotless... My record during a 18 hour session was 8 supermarket bags FULL of everything mentionably ....!!!! Most anglers DO NOT even take there baits wrappings - dirty bastards.......

[ 06. April 2005, 05:50 PM: Message edited by: MainBassMan ]

BassMan - The holder of Possibly Very Good Catches - Luv to fish from Yaks!!!!

i second that mainbassman, lets all think when we are loading up the tacklebag "TAKE ANOTHER BAG TO PUT THE DIRTY BASTARDS LITTER IN" maybe we should print up a sack with that on, something like "other dirty bastards litter -->"

told you my little willow found £10 on the strandline whilst picking up little last year at west bay - karma ?

kcrusty, i was thinking the same thing earlier today, wonder if we would get noticed if 2 million anglers parked outside every fishing port in the country at the same time ?

I hate to say it lads but most people who fish in the sea are mindless thugs, not like us careing anglers who grace the pages of this A/N forum with their wisdom and willingness to lern and have healthy debate. most of the dont give a toss....

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

ziggy is you daughter called Willow as so is mine?

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.