Kayak Chariots

Simon Everett

The cart looks good.. the clearance on the trolley would work for me having used one with a lower height than that..the issue for me would be the weight.

'under 6kg' (13lbs)--thats quite a lot of weight to bring on board if you can't ditch it in the car.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cart is a nice idea.

Just a shame they didnt think about the clearence of the Axcel, and the types of ground it would proberbly need to ride over.

It will suit people pulling over hard and flat ground, but very doubtfull of its use on the soft stuff, after seeing the pics of a kayak sat on it, and seeing the actual amount of clearence.

Those Bunks, if they were more adjustable, not just tilting ?, they would hug most hulls comfortably.

The idea is good, but could be so much better with a little more thought.

Sorry, still haven't put it on the scales - and it has been pouring with rain today - and I have been up to Burnley to photograph a factory chop in a shop! Wonderful.

If I get time tomorrow I'll put one of the kayaks on it and measure the ground clearance for you lot - and possibly take a picture. Speciman, are you ready for another picture? (please!) If I can't do it tomorrow it will be next week - because I am off on a truck job Thur & Fri, staying over. Weekend possibly working in Cambridge Sat and then Plymouth on Sunday......I need another holiday!

Edited by Simon Everett

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

I have enquired from local suppliers and no one has a C-Tug for sale, I have enquired fron New Zealand and the shipping would be about GBP40.00 for a single C-Tug + cost GBP60 + Tax. Does any one know when they are likely to be availible in the UK?

www.aberporthholidays.co.uk

Regular launch: Aberporth West Wales.

Yak: Malibu II XL

I think the container arrives tommorrow - then customs clearance to go through. Then just getting them out to the dealers that have ordered them... sometime next week perhaps?

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

• 1 month later...
Thanks SpeciMan.

Sounds like it will be worth the wait.

Hi chaps

I bought the canoe Ekla cart, it is big to stow, but obv no probs in the scupper, and I use two pieces of 30mm (ish) pipe lagging under the yak to make the scupper shape fit!. It is FANTASTIC and when strapped on well, you can take the yak over unbelievably rough ground, even HUGE cobbles like on my local beach!!

Cheers~~~~~~SDD :sun: