Passion

Guest Silver Back

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was initially suprised to read your comments CJS2.

When I first started surfing the Internet fishing forum sites my only reason for doing so was because my boss sugested it would be a good publicity move for our company! A few Discovery programmes latter we didnt need any more publicity! I must have logged on 30 or 40 in several countries.I contributed articles,photos and of course got involved on the forums.Do you know what there were some horrible people out there whose only aims seemed to be to tell everyone how great they were and how crap everyone else was! Many seemed only interested in dissrupting the sites and trying to offend everyone.The sites that allowed this to happen paid the price and soon fell by the wayside.The sites that stepped on this sort of thing like CarpNet AN and Fishingmagic went from strength to strength as people stuck with them or joined after getting fed up with the others.

I obviousley stayed with AN despite no longer regarding it as a publicity wagon (despite Elton kindly not only giving me a link on here to my own advert but making the adverts site itself!) The reason was that it was a well Moderated sight with lots of both very pleasant and knowledgable people.I found it great to have my own thoughts challenged and in some cases modified.I must have disagreed with every one of the regulars on here at some stage or other! some disputes becoming quite heated! but I would like to think that ive never fell out with some one full time.

In fact over the years Ive met several of the members here and in a way formed friendships with many.It is amazing how much more tolerant you become with opposing veiws if you have actually met the person or even had long term correspondence with them via the Net.

A lot of times people acuse people of ganging up,this isnt true it is merely that people of the same experience will generally have the same veiws.Proved by the fact that the "gangs" membership changes depending on the topic!

All that said though I too must admit to seeing (since around November) changes in attitude and the likes on here.I tend (despite both sea and game fishing) to frequent mainly the Coarse and carp Forums so can only comment on these.Is it new members? No I dont think so.Is it old members getting a bit bored with the repetitive nature of threads? No I dont think thats the answer either.

One thing I do know CJS2 is that if you stick with the site and try not to bother with the threads you dont like.(I for example didnt like the attack on John (Flying Tench) but equally didnt want to be taken for a Bob basher so simply kept out of it to a greater degree).The Mods and Admin here run a good site that most of the times is a GREAT site.They wont ever let it get to far.It doesnt hurt for us all to occaisionaly remember they do this for free providing some thing that in general we enjoy.

I gave my reasons for origonaly joining and then for staying but I think we all need to remember one thing,AN is great for learning,swopping information,BUT above all it should be fun.

BTW CSJ2 I hope you took the "dogs wearing coats" dig in the way it was intended ie FUN?

'Budgie' Your coments are spot on, measured, and well said, no one can take offence. I have seen, as well as been the butt of some harsh un measured coments. I simply want a quiet life, I have learned in recent years, there is more to life, than fishing, and arguing about it, to quote Elton, 'I switch it off' the same applies to the TV, violence, sex, cheap humour. No I'm not a kill joy, I join in the banter with the best. Its the unresonable attitudes I have a problem with, there is always more than one view point. What we see to often now on the web is the equivolent of 'shouting down', agresion that in the pub may not stop short of violence. Seen it, been there, got the tea shirt, changed my job because of it!. The answer????? not got a clue, I just pull the head in and let em get on with it. Which is exactly what I intend to do her.

Regards, CJS2

"A few people would do well to remember that this is the internet and not the real world, that's all. If it gets too much, switch it off. I do"

Oh thats just brilliant! I've been sat here for years now honestly believing Peter Waller was real and would one day walk right out my monitor!!

Regards,

Lee.

eye corumba TOOO REEAAALLL, TOOO RRREEEEAAALLL put it away ;):D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

:D too true ,with the gut i'v grown i'v only seen the last 10" over the last few years :(:D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

"A few people would do well to remember that this is the internet and not the real world, that's all. If it gets too much, switch it off. I do"

Oh thats just brilliant! I've been sat here for years now honestly believing Peter Waller was real and would one day walk right out my monitor!!

Regards,

Lee.

Sheesh....now that is scary :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE