Offset Hooks

Ken Davison South Wales

I have always preferred offset hooks esp when trout fishing. Prefer also to use them on the sea. Also reckon the wider the gape the better and dont like long shanks.

Will be intersted to hear more knowledgeable opinions on this as there can be few things more important than the hooks we use.

A bad days fishing is better than a good day at the office. Tight lines all.

I like offset hooks, why? I dont really know maybe i've convinced myself theres less chance of a fish throwing it.

I use long shank hooks when using worm baits that need to be threaded up the shank, I think they enable better presentation once the elastic has been applied.

women love me, fish fear me!!

http://www.alba-rods.co.uk

Riverside Tackle SAC

I have started offsetting my hooks but still no great success :P I heard that when the fish feels the hook in the juicy worm it has in its mouth it will try and spit it out the offset of the hook is more likely to catch somewhere as fish spits out :P Ill keep you posted :P

Skippy

So many questions so little time....

I have offset my hooks for the last few years and find that less missed bites occur.Lie a standard hook on the palm of your hand and drag along the skin, then try with an offset one.....ouch!! see what i mean? far less chance of the fish spitting the hook or you pulling it out.

Ride Hard, Fish Harder.AFFA.

A friend bends his with pliers, I thought you could buy them already offset. :confused:

I am a bit reluctant to bend the hooks in case it weakens them.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

All Cox & Rawle uptide and extras are offset.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!