Looking After Your Tackle

PIKE

Your better keeping your rods in the plastic rod tubes, or suspendig your tackle from the ceiling if you keep it outside in the garage or shed.

Tigger.

Tigger,

It doesn't matter where the nets go, the mice will get them.

I remember watching one at my old work place walk straight up a gloss finished plastered wall.

They're all SpiderMice, I swear!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

'remember watching one at my old work place walk straight up a gloss finished plastered wall'

Miceon Impossible.

Argyll,

You know it's not mice to mock the afflicted :)

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

Guest tigger
Tigger,

It doesn't matter where the nets go, the mice will get them.

I remember watching one at my old work place walk straight up a gloss finished plastered wall.

They're all SpiderMice, I swear!

Yeah I know they're ok at the high wire act, but it just gives them a challange :)

The best thing is just leave traps set permanent, even when you think you've knobbled the last one leave the traps set for any new arrivals.

Tigger.

Yeah I know they're ok at the high wire act, but it just gives them a challange :)

The best thing is just leave traps set permanent, even when you think you've knobbled the last one leave the traps set for any new arrivals.

Tigger.

I have three set permanently....but shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, don't let anyone else know, 'cos some here objected when I mentioned it before :D

Guest Ferret1959
I have three set permanently....but shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, don't let anyone else know, 'cos some here objected when I mentioned it before :D

Do you save the mice for bait? ;)

Do you save the mice for bait? ;)

They catch the wife out every time she opens the bin, judging by the scream.

Is that what you mean? :D

Guest Jan V

I posted this last December but it sure seems to apply yet again: :whistling:

Got the story to beat all regarding mice in the garage. Last winter my other half left 200 lbs of field corn in the garage (said he meant to take it out to his fishing shed but forgot). The corn was on top of our generator and below a tarp.

I started hearing scratching noises over head when we were watching TV - he heard nothing. I started hearing scratching in the walls - he heard nothing. I went out to get in my truck and saw something scurry out the corner of my eye. Nah, I told myself, wasn't anything. But when I got back home, I pulled off the tarp. There were mice everywhere!!!! Everything I touched had mice in and about it. Mouse turds everywhere! Not much corn left - Newt had done his bit to feed mice for miles around. They climbed walls quite well.

There was corn (which was more like powder by now) and droppings inside the generator, around the hot water heater and everywhere else we looked. I wouldn't put my truck in the garage - was sure they would nest inside it. We cleaned out the garage but the mice stayed. Moth balls would do the trick, or that we were told. My husband doesn't do anything up small. Now it was the smell of mothballs taking over the house.

Come Spring it was time for cleanup. I'll bet there were more mouse droppings than snow in Scotland. Mouse urine is no big treat, either. Try getting that out of the porous wood on a work bench. Three guesses who is not allowed to keep any fish bait in the garage anymore.

Edited by Jan V

Sounds pretty nasty Jan V, I think I might have sent Newt out with mice. Mind you not sure which is worse, a half gallon of maggot escape in the house or a plague of mice. I have been guilty of the first when I brought them indoors to turn for casters in the winter and knocked the bucket over. I was not the favourite man around the house for a few weeks.