Beachcaster for less than £50

corydoras

I fancy taking up shore fishing again, but on close inspection my old ABU beachcaster is in dire need of a rebuild and I suspect that by the time it hade new rings and a re-varnish I would be just as well off with a new rod.

Can anybody suggest a sub £50 quid beachcaster? I would be using it with my Abu 9000c reel.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a look at the Shakespeare Odessa, very good for the money and i've seen them advertised at £36. Sea Angler magazine were impressed aswell, full carbon and the multiplyer version comes with a classy X-weave shrink grip and coasters.

Eat right, stay fit, die anyway.

aanthony:

Have a look at the Shakespeare Odessa, very good for the money and i've seen them advertised at £36.

CAn you remember where you saw one for £36. I cannot find one for much less than £50.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

Just had a look, advertisement in Sea Angler, Jims discount tackle.

www.jims.org.uk

Tel.01736 360160

1338.360 Odessa 12ft 4-8oz F/Spool......£36.99

1338.361 Odessa 12ft 4-8oz Multiplier...£38.99

I have ordered from here before with no problems.

aanthony:

Just had a look, advertisement in Sea Angler, Jims discount tackle.

www.jims.org.uk

Tel.01736 360160

Cheers mate! I'm off for a gander. Might need to give my flexible friend a bit of a workout.

Hiya, Maybe a wee bit late ,but my spare rod is a Leeda Riptide and I think it is great value for money, I think Veals are now doing them as clearance rods, anyway the advert is in the TSF mag. :D

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

would certainly vouch for the odessa. me mates got two and for the cash outstanding value. have had many dealings with Jim's tackle without an ounce of bother. very quick delivery. could you stretch an extra tenner for the fladen warbird? again, surprising quality for £60, but then you can pick up the odessa for £36.

Thinlips are imminent :-) Believe or not !!

:D

No link with Shakespeare, just wanted a beachcaster for occasional trips to the coast. Don't like parting with my money so did some research and spent it on an Odessa. Really like it and a "proper" rod, not some of those cheap broom handles.