Favourite knots?

Grant

Good topic going on line strengths, with some comments on knots.

Thought I would give my views, and be good to get a few others.

I tend to use the albright for joining lines together (generally leaders), and the uni knot for pretty much everything else.

So what do people think in terms of knot strength? And before anyone puts it on, there is no way I am using bimini twists for leaders or anything else!! Have tried them, and they are good, but dont have the time for one of those out on the rocks!

B.A.S.S. member

The double uni for joining line together for leaders or for joining braid to mono

The palomar for the tying off of your terminal tackle. Make sure you wet it before pulling together and laid right and test it with a strong even pull, if you get the line lay wrong when making this knot then there is no strength in the knot as the knot will break before you get anywhere near the lines b/s. Get it right and its as strong as the line itself

The Uni knots my main knot.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

I think last time we talked knots someone even told me how to get them on my phone! Useful as most bits of paper get destroyed in a fishing bag, and generally out of range of a wireless network!

B.A.S.S. member