Well I'm impressed.

Guest Ferret1959

Guest Ferret1959

Went and bought a remote alarm set and it looks quite good for the money.

I'd challenge anyone to beat the price.

Four radio alarms, a receiver, five 9v batterys and a nice box to house them all for less than £40, bargain.

Bought two boxes of night lights, can't be bad for six quid, that's 6p each, bargain. :)

Had a box of spinners/lures/jellys just for the sake of it.

If some one is just starting out or even as back up kit Lidls have very good bargains. :)

I did notice they enclosed a warning about observing local bylaws and fishing so maybe they are getting the idea of our rules n regs. :)

Mind you it was in English so might just go unread. ;)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OI OI,

sent my son for some spinners &/ luer's/ & jelly's looking foward to seeing them, so you recon they are alright then ferret cos im not getting mine till friday, the pictures look o.k anything like the pictures ????

:sun::sun::sun: please tell me they are.

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

Got myself a very servicable rod holdall (I hope ;) ) - 2 inner compartments, fully zipped so longer made-up rods can stick out. Good sized pockets for bait boxes etc and well balanced for carrying.

Pretty good for 9.99, *if* it survives the usual battering.

p.s. the neoprene socks are a very generous fit!

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

i got a fishfinder thingy ,the sonar head is big and needs the yellow float to suspend it in the water but as i got it for occational work so thats ok .i got a rod bag looks hardwareing enough and is ideal for my spinning rods.brought a single alarm ,a small pack of plugs and things and a line counter.i'll probably go back as i was in a hurry this morning as i got their for 7.30 (they don't open till 9.o.clock Doh ! ) at quarter to nine the masses started to arrive.

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

I went this morning and bought the remote alarm set...well impressed...had their first run out today but only a Coot pickup. There's always tomorrow :)

May get to test them in some rain tomorrow.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Guest rabbit

Got myself 2 boxes of lights look just the job. :sun: Rest of the kit not so sure about, couldn't see any rod bags , would have got one :( Waders 4.99 were not practical, would have to wear seperate wellies with them. Reels were boxed up so couldn't really test, but I have bought too may cheapy reels in the past so not too miffed. Rods looked 'Kingfisher' quality as expected, and accessories of poor quality. Nets were probably 'illegal'

The target market is probably kids, and my concern is that with this kit it could be a bit of a downer when it all goes t12s up. Check out cashier said her son was 'getting into fishing, promised her some of my old kit, and suggested she steered clear of that lot.

Argos in my opinion are the ideal canditates to sell decent gear but their buyers just dont have a clue, although there has been a slight improvement recently.

Am I a miserable bar steward? Or just a concerned happy shopper :lol:

Am I a miserable bar steward? Or just a concerned happy shopper :lol:

Both ??? :lol::lol::lol:;)

In my local Lidl's the rod kit/combo thingys were being snapped up in a feeding frenzy and I only just resisted the 6metre telescopic graphite job, by wondering to myself where the hell I would want a 6m rod.

Another geezer filled an entire basket with night lights. Hope they work.

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

Got myself a few bargains today for the second year running. You have to be selective.

My shed is slowly filling up with Lidl tackle and I recall that someone once said that a thing is only a bargain if you actually need it :)

Theres 3 lidles near me and they all seemed well stocked right up till the late afternoon (i looked becouse i was passing). i bought the rod bag wich i'm pleased with presuming it doesnt drop to bits, the depth counter and some of the cheap line for filling out my reels. bought the lure/spinning set but have had a few of the hooks break off when flatning the barbs. :wallbash:

We don't get the fishing gear in Ireland until 30th March.

I was only after one thing, the lights. Guess what!

Correct...... :wallbash: