Carp Crew 2

Elton

News of the new series added here:

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/News/carp_crew_2006.html

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I quite liked Predators made a change from the usual stuff.

Prefered Jan in his match days dressed in Red than his new Realtree obsessed alter ego!

Trouble is that most carp programmes are much the same as indeed carp fishing can be! In fairness at least "Carp Crew" tried to show as many different angles as possible even had the programme with Steve Ringer showing match style carp fishing.

Easier to knock any fishing programmes than actually say what we would want though isnt it?

I agree that the way both Jan and Kevin came across was a bit naff! A bit like I dont like the way Matt Hayes speaks to any of his guests/co-presenters.In fact if I was to name one dislike of most fishing programmes I would say its the presenters! Not so much as individuals but more the way they are made to come over.Why is that?

Edited by BUDGIE

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

I quite liked Predators made a change from the usual stuff.

Prefered Jan in his match days dressed in Red than his new Realtree obsessed alter ego!

Trouble is that most carp programmes are much the same as indeed carp fishing can be! In fairness at least "Carp Crew" tried to show as many different angles as possible even had the programme with Steve Ringer showing match style carp fishing.

Easier to knock any fishing programmes than actually say what we would want though isnt it?

I agree that the way both Jan and Kevin came across was a bit naff! A bit like I dont like the way Matt Hayes speaks to any of his guests/co-presenters.In fact if I was to name one dislike of most fishing programmes I would say its the presenters! Not so much as individuals but more the way they are made to come over.Why is that?

Yes your right but it will always be the same since carp fishing is not an in depth science. A lot of it will always come down to the presenter. You take someone like Jack Hargreaves who could make any subject under the sun seem interesting seemingly at will and compare it with someone like Matt Hayes, Hargreaves was so down to earth and easy to listen to you felt he was talking just to you and you alone. Matt for all the fact he is a nice guy comes across as an egosentric who is telling us how great he is. One bloke i think deserves a program of his own is Mick Brown who is about the nearest we have to a modern hargreaves style presenter. Maybe given his pike and zander preferences he would have made a better front man for "Predators".

In fact if I was to name one dislike of most fishing programmes I would say its the presenters! Not so much as individuals but more the way they are made to come over.Why is that?

that's the big problem with any fishing program i've ever seen budg, the people on screen are fishermen, not tv presenters and all they do is make it very very clear how hard it is to present. i can't watch any fishing show for this simple reason, i like to watch professional presenters fronting programs, not enthusiastic amateurs.

Fishing is fishing, the more of it on TV the better. I like Predators. Carp crew was watchable (but then I'll wat any fishing)

Must say I've enjoyed Dean Macey. Bags of enthusiasm. Loved it when he had enough of rolling meat ala, Hobbit Walton style and blagged a big double on his static pellet and boilie approach.

how funny was it when huge Macey and diminutive Walton were strolling along the bank? :) LOL reminded me of when England made a douple substitution of Crouch and Wright-Phillips :)

Paul Singleton

Most fishing programmes are watchable, mainly because it's such an absorbing subject. I think the personality of the presenter does make the difference between above average content or just run of the mill stuff. It's probably why John Wilson's been at it for so long because despite his infuriating laughing at everything that happens, he does know what makes interesting TV.

As for Mr Macey, well enthusiasm is certainly his strongpoint and he seems generally to be a likeable sort of guy. But there are occasions when I just want to shout at Dean to shut up and listen and concentrate on his fishing - I think you could say he sometimes "over-presents" his show. Generally though, his shows are very watchable.

Our chief weapon is surprise

Jeepster I think you have hit it on the head mate.When we had Discovery over making the Total Fishing shows Luke had to do a couple of pieces with Mat and as intros (me and Ryan couldnt due to our speech impediments.....) seemed fine whilst doing it but looks terrible all these years later.Proffesional presenters seem to have a way of comming over as "not false" or awkward anglers in general dont!

But as Singy says "fishing is fishing" We are spoilt these days and should remember that.Got to be an improvement on Terry Thomas in Angling Today or that awfull "Hooked" programme.

Going back to what Jeepster said I think anglers come over much better when they are just being filmed a la Passion for Angling style than as presenters a la Mat Hayes type programmes.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!