goffy

Goffy - in short YES.

The BCU (British Canoe Union) membership provides you with an annual license to use all the navigable waterways in England & Wales - I am not sure about the Caledonian Canal, I think that is seperate.

Remember, some rivers have no right of navigation on them - so even your license will not give you the right to use your boat on those. Details can be found on the BCU website

www.bcu.org

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

Goffy,

It may help if you state your location, as a freshwater closed season applies on freshwater rivers in England and Wales with regards to angling and you'll also need a rod licence (I understand), even during the season.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Hi Goffy,

Yes you will, it was looked into down here in the west country and in some cases as well as a rod licence you will also need to join a club. Get in contact with your local water board or council they will have the information you require. BE WARNED if you are caught without the licences you can be fined up to £2000.

Hope this helps

Chrisw