Southampton water

darnsarf

SM you are always welcome. I want to get out into Southampton Water more and develop it as a bad weather location. Finding new marks is half the fun. Heard a rumour of good Mullet in the Hamble. I fancy some of those on light tackle from the Yak. Has anybody had any joy with them?

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Darnsarf was going to give you a call about the Hamble, wondering what it's like up river past Moody's, use to sail out of their a few years ago and there were always fish about, but would like to explore the other side of the road bridge, just looks like a nice place to paddle, if there are some fish there as well, then that's a bonus.

Reckon it might be an idea for a trip over to the Isle of Wight during the summer months, maybe not a paddle, I was thinking of seeing if we could trolley the yaks onboard the ferry and off the other side, save our energy for some serious fishing, only problem is that the tides around Cowes are vicious, maybe Yarmouth instead, or the other place, am I thinking of Bembridge, oh it's been a long time, around the Queen Victoria Sailing Club, another interesting nook to venture into.

Hurry up longer calm days, I'm getting impatient now.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

haven't heard much about the mullet Paul but I've got some mates who've had some big bass in the Hamble-probably still a bit early though mate.Sammys tackle and bait will give you all the info you need 02380406378. I'm up for another adventure next weekend if you are -----------weather permitting of course-------------at the moment they say 12mph sw 10c--------------never know it may be a perfect spring day a Durley rocks day a worbarrow day even?Who's up for an adventure-------must wear a silly hat though :ph34r::fishing1::busted_cop::punk::cold: Phooey?Starvin?Speciman?Zzippy?Shy Tangler?Anybody?Oh, by the way Paul I wanted to ask have you got shares with araldite? :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

Edited by richi

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

NO shares but it fixed one of my hats. "Long live the god known as Rapid" :D

Early for the Mullet as well but just planning. Will keep an eye out for the weather regards next weekend. 12 mph is too strong for Warbarrow but thats the predicted speed we just managed in Southampton Water depends on direction and wether it is increasing.

Some good plans SM could get to Yarmouth via Lymington. Mind you on a calm neap we could paddle the 3 miles from Hurst. Just worked out that on Saturday we did 4.5 miles without thinking about it.

Edited by darnsarf

I'm up for another adventure next weekend if you are -----------weather permitting of course-------------at the moment they say 12mph sw 10c--------------never know it may be a perfect spring day a Durley rocks day a worbarrow day even?Who's up for an adventure-------must wear a silly hat though :ph34r::fishing1::busted_cop::punk::cold: Phooey?Starvin?Speciman?Zzippy?Shy Tangler?Anybody?Oh, by the way Paul I wanted to ask have you got shares with araldite? :bigemo_harabe_net-163:

Sadly I have to work this weekend :(

Next 3 off though ;)

Prowler 13 in MANGO.

Sweeeeet.....:)

Kaskazi Dorado

comes with swimming pool as standard

I don't think I'll be able to make it this weekend. I'm waiting on the Scupper Pro which I hope to pick up this Thursday. If thats the case I'll pop down to my local harbour this weekend and do some trials before I start drilling holes.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

:( I still havnt got a yak.It maybe another 3 weeks yet.Looks like I am going to miss the plaice fishing.

May have it ready for the Autumn codling at this rate.

If its calm enough I will be up for Durley rocks.I will use my caper for the time being.

Zzippy

zzippy2.gif

Distances can be deceiving. JUst programmed the route we did on Saturday into the GPS and the estimated 4.5 miles turned out to be 6.9 miles. Well done Phooey thats a paddle and a half on you first trip out and in those windy conditions. :wheelchair::D

Darnsarf, he's use to all that paddling, 7 miles on the Thames each time he goes pike fishing, arms like Popeye he has, took me two days to recover, I like to paddle out anchor up and have a snooze until the fish turn up. :D

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com