Spicy chicken boilies

trevor2003

Hi

I picked up a bag of Dynamite's 15mm new spicy chicken boilies a week back,their Indulgance range.

Gave them a whirl on a day session on Friday 24th and had 4 runs in the space of 30 minutes on them, the best banked was a 20lb mirror.Any one else had any luck on them? I think they should be another good one like their spicy shrimp and prawn.

Hi

I picked up a bag of Dynamite's 15mm new spicy chicken boilies a week back,their Indulgance range.

Gave them a whirl on a day session on Friday 24th and had 4 runs in the space of 30 minutes on them, the best banked was a 20lb mirror.Any one else had any luck on them? I think they should be another good one like their spicy shrimp and prawn.

got given a few samples of the stuff....and to be honest gave them a sniff on fort they smelt a bit like cat wee......2 or 3 of us all fort the same...totally serious...CAT WEE!!!! nice to hear about the result mite b worth a crack on our local bag up water

Guest Josh Iddon

I cant be botherd, next year there will be a new and 'better' one advertised.

Boilies are geting abit ridiculous now, salmon cavier, spicy chicken, tika masala, what next?

I cant be botherd, next year there will be a new and 'better' one advertised.

Boilies are geting abit ridiculous now, salmon cavier, spicy chicken, tika masala, what next?

I think the Bombay surprise would have done well. But I ate them all before we arrived at the lake. :unsure:

:lol::lol:

My 14 year old son had a lovely 20lb common on Indian spice in September last year at a social week end organised by the guys at Cambridge carp cabin on Waterbeach barracks lake. Yes they smelled good enough to eat and also thats the way the carp felt luckily.

Thing is when a new bait comes out, the carp love em, but after getting caught regualy on the same colour/flavour, they become weary of that bait, hence the need for new baits.though there are some good all rounders that they just keep coming back for more of, despite being caught on them.

So why is this? some baits catch year in year out, some only last a season or so.

Any ideas or theories on this?

My 14 year old son had a lovely 20lb common on Indian spice in September last year at a social week end organised by the guys at Cambridge carp cabin on Waterbeach barracks lake. Yes they smelled good enough to eat and also thats the way the carp felt luckily.

Thing is when a new bait comes out, the carp love em, but after getting caught regualy on the same colour/flavour, they become weary of that bait, hence the need for new baits.though there are some good all rounders that they just keep coming back for more of, despite being caught on them.

So why is this? some baits catch year in year out, some only last a season or so.

Any ideas or theories on this?

Quality of bait - simple as.

Shelf life boilies tend to be over flavoured, low nutritional INSTANT hit baits but the instant part occasionally lasts a season. They work on the curious factor of the carps mind (much the same as the new artifical bait trend). There are some good shelf lifes out there but ALL shelf lifes contain preservatives which may also lead to rejection of bait.

Fish soon realise they are getting caught on these baits for little or even no gain to themselves.

Quality frozen boilies are full of goodness for the fish that start to accept them as a good food source.

If an angler or a group of anglers put in a kilo or two of these quality boilies every week fish will start to accept them as a natural source and expect to find them on the bed of the water.

The carp will wise up and know they may be caught but with one of two baited hooks amoung hundreds of freeies they know the benefits of eating the freebies far out weigh the chances of being hooked.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Quality of bait - simple as.

Shelf life boilies tend to be over flavoured, low nutritional INSTANT hit baits but the instant part occasionally lasts a season. They work on the curious factor of the carps mind (much the same as the new artifical bait trend). There are some good shelf lifes out there but ALL shelf lifes contain preservatives which may also lead to rejection of bait.

Fish soon realise they are getting caught on these baits for little or even no gain to themselves.

Quality frozen boilies are full of goodness for the fish that start to accept them as a good food source.

If an angler or a group of anglers put in a kilo or two of these quality boilies every week fish will start to accept them as a natural source and expect to find them on the bed of the water.

The carp will wise up and know they may be caught but with one of two baited hooks amoung hundreds of freeies they know the benefits of eating the freebies far out weigh the chances of being hooked.

I have used Nash Scopex a lot (shelf life) and found it to be my most consistant catching bait, at all different places I fish, despite being shelf life, it just seems to catch any where any time, but others as you say, wear off after a season or so.Last summer a friend of mine won heaps of frozen Fusion in a comp, when it had just come out, and we were the only people using it on our local water.Him and my son who was 14 at the time, took 53 large doubles between them in the first week of the school holidays, but as the season went on, it lost it's attraction. So the Scopex kept on going being a shelf life and the Fusion faded dispite being a frozen bait.

I agree with what you are saying about frozen baits being better, but there is all ways that anoying exception to the rule.

Well I suppose thats carp fishing for you.

I have used Nash Scopex a lot (shelf life) and found it to be my most consistant catching bait, at all different places I fish, despite being shelf life, it just seems to catch any where any time, but others as you say, wear off after a season or so.Last summer a friend of mine won heaps of frozen Fusion in a comp, when it had just come out, and we were the only people using it on our local water.Him and my son who was 14 at the time, took 53 large doubles between them in the first week of the school holidays, but as the season went on, it lost it's attraction. So the Scopex kept on going being a shelf life and the Fusion faded dispite being a frozen bait.

I agree with what you are saying about frozen baits being better, but there is all ways that anoying exception to the rule.

Well I suppose thats carp fishing for you.

I have a standby bait like that. When the in vogue bait seems to lose its attraction(through overuse IMHO)

I reach for my shelf life Source boilies. Normally does the bis.

I wonder how much is truly down to angling press telling us what we need. It's hard to find an angling magazine that isn't entirely biased - many running editorial type features which are clearly sponsored by a bait manufacturer.

The problem is we want to believe our overpriced balls of bait are working, and given some top match angler has said they will we perhaps look for patterns that simply aren't there.

I appreciate there may be some cases when a bait tends to do well for a while, but given most of us don't fish two rods with two baits and do proper control testing it is hard to establish whether it is the boilie or just the mood of the carp on that day!

Scopex - of any manufacturer - always does well around here. I pretty much rely on scopex as being in the arsenal (or tackle box) for all carping venues.

Ian W