Dingle.....pic of Sidekick.

Yakity - Yak - u.k.

Hi darnsarf

its not the fact that its drier down there its just once I have put the bits and bobs on and resealed the 6" hole it would be a bit of a pain to get to.Which is why I wanted to mount the battery in a removable container up top. Is there usually enough cable to do this and go back through the grommet to a container?

Another thing...(me brains in meltdown at the mo)

Not sure wich fish finder to go for

Garmin 120,

Humming bird max 10, 15

Eagle cuda 128

Are any of these worth while to make out structure type on the bottom? Where I fish is a mixture of broken groung/sand - it would be helpfull to know the difference. Not so much bothered about fish id but a reasonable quality would be nice.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it had been a yellow Scupper Pro, I know who's it could have been :D

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Dingle all of those will show the bottom accurately and with a bit of practice you can interpret the ground from the greyscale.

www.jkmax.co.uk Well worth a visit great service and prices and honest comparisons.

If by any stretch of the imagination you decide to go for a combined colour GPS/Sonar unit look at the Lowrance M68i. Great unit for Yakking with about 40% off RRP. Call him mention me and he will reduce his special offer price by another £20. All strictly legit as Phooey will vouch. I dont get anything out of it before anybody says but just occasionally you come across a business and owner that mirrors your own ethics and you want to help. Good hunting. That offer goes for any board member.

Paul

SM - Yarak2 wouldnt be seen out dead without the Bog Pipe Special :-)

Edited by darnsarf

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Cheers Paul

Yep they certainly are competitive matching the best quotes I have managed to find, unfortunately they don't do the Garmin 120 as they are by the looks of things waiting for the new range. With the new range coming in (garmin 140) I have managed to find them at £89 wich I don't think is too bad.....reasonable size screen and detachable. Trouble is I have now got me eye on a silva 12 not that i will see much fish with it but it should stop me being fish food!!!

Why is it there is too much month at the end of the money?

Ive suffered that affliction a lot more since taking up this lark. funny that! :D

Dingle, I'm confused about the 6inch hole, you should only need to make a hole for the connecting plug to come up and the power cable to go down, should only be a centimetre or so, maybe the plugs are bigger on the Garmin range, Humminbird is about 1cm by .75cm from memory.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Starvin,

The sidekick does not have a hatch as others do. So to gain acces to iside the hull I am going to remove the 6" pot thst just in front of the main seat. I recon I sould be able to just get my arm in so that I can bolt items such as the Fish finder & rod holder down properly. Just been to the marina and picked up a flare and some stainless fastners etc. Anyone know if the eagle cuda 128 unclips from its bracket? otherwise its the garmin.

dingle

Yep the Cuda is detachable Dingle.