Dingle.....pic of Sidekick.

Yakity - Yak - u.k.

Evening all..

I have been having a dig about on Kayakfishing stuff.com and managed to find the guy with the green sidekick. To gain access to the inside he has fitted a 6" scre hatch under the front seat..looks like a good idea.

Apart from sit-on-tops-uk I have not been able to find these any where else. Any suggestions for a better price than £25 + p&p.

And thanks to anglers afloat for the walk through..i think i will be needing that!!

Oh and one more thing this chap has come up with a rather nifty way of sealing the transducer cable..

Have a look at http://kfs.infopop.cc/groupee/forums/a/tpc...34/m/3531061081

Cheers

Dingle

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try your local chandlers they do screw hatches for £8-10. If you have problems log onto

www.aladdinscave.co.uk/

Seen them in their big shop near Hamble.

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Try your local chandlers they do screw hatches for £8-10. If you have problems log onto

www.aladdinscave.co.uk/

Seen them in their big shop near Hamble.

Hi Paul.

You mentioned last month that you use mouse line! for you anchor rope,and paid £10 for 100 meters.

I have looked in all the local chandlers and the cheapest I can find is 32p per meter.Not sure if it mouse line though.

Where did you get yours from?

Zzippy

zzippy2.gif

Dingle,

You can get a 4" model as well, available in black or white. Check with your local chandler, Plastimo make a white version.

Let us know how you get on.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Hi Paul.

You mentioned last month that you use mouse line! for you anchor rope,and paid £10 for 100 meters.

I have looked in all the local chandlers and the cheapest I can find is 32p per meter.Not sure if it mouse line though.

Where did you get yours from?

Zzippy

Not sure if its mouse line but the stuff you pay £7.50 for 30m in B&Q that comes on a blue plastic handle is only £4.50 for exactly the same item in Wicks.

Prowler 13 in MANGO.

Sweeeeet.....:)

Kaskazi Dorado

comes with swimming pool as standard

Not sure if its mouse line but the stuff you pay £7.50 for 30m in B&Q that comes on a blue plastic handle is only £4.50 for exactly the same item in Wicks.

Hiya Phooey.

I been useing the B&Q line for the last year but it was getting expensives loosing it to wrecks and rough ground.lol

Thought I would try the mouse line Paul was on about.Or it might have been Richi :huh:

Sorry .Just seen you said it was £4.50 at wicks :)

I will look there tomorrow.

Cheers mate :thumbs:

zzippy2.gif

Hi Zzippy

The chandler opposite XChurch town hall sells thin line/rope at 14p per metre I think.. I may use use some of that for an anchor line.

Hi Zzippy

The chandler opposite XChurch town hall sells thin line/rope at 14p per metre I think.. I may use use some of that for an anchor line.

Kaskazi Dorado - Yellow

Again look at Alladins cave link if you are having problems sourcing. Was in there the other day and noticed thay had it in a sexy green and black. Its basically poor mans parachord. Cost £10 per 100m spool. Great stuff, perfect for the job.

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Cheers Guys,

Must stop tyhinking just kayak and think marine accessories.

I have had a look at the hatches...flippin spoilt for choice now!!! Will definately be ordering one soon when I can make up my mind on which size.. It seems like a great option on kayaks that don't have the factory fitted hatches or places to fit the gaspatchi? You can even get rectanguar ones...fancy that talk about hatch heaven...

As for anchor rope I use the blue polyprop stuff...cheap and cheerful if a little bulky..

Thanks again..

Dingle

Hi speciman.

I looked there the other day but could only see it at 32p a meter for the cheapest one.Maybe I should have asked.lol

Thanks for that Paul.I will have a browse on their web site.

zzippy2.gif