Hi Dingle.

I have the Garmin 140 and have looked in the manual for the usage figures:

The garmin 90:

usage:3.5 watts max,nominal:12 VDC @0.15 Amps

The garmin 140:

usage:8 watts maximum,nominal:12 VDC @)0.5 Amps

Hope this helps,

Jon.

"Some times the earth appears stale,flat and tedious, when lifes petty restrictions strangles the spirit and when a crowd of fellow mortals affects one as a collection of hopeless and soulless oafs,then all that is left to you is to take to the sea"

This datasheet might be of interest.

http://www.farnell.com/datasheets/26929.pdf

The most important graph is probably the one showing "depth of discharge" (DOD) cycles, basically their useful lifetime. If you run them down to 100% DOD the number of discharge-recharge cycles is almost a factor of ten lower than if you only discharge them by 30%.

(Also bear in mind that this data sheet is for batteries DESIGNED for deep cycling. Car or motor bike batteries, which are designed to be permanently almost fully charged will be much worse.)

Thanks again for the info...

Looks like I need something a tad bigger than a 1.2ah then.

There are a few of the batter chargers that appear to be the same as those at maplins on ebay for the pricley sum of a fiver.. seem to have the same specs and are for sealed lead acid batteries..

Dingle