Bite alarms

marmiteboy

I've got a set marmite, never had a problem with them so far and had just over a year.

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

I havent been night fishing before and am going to start this summer with dad.Ive only fished into dark.But i was thinking do bite alarms wake you up when you are asleep or is a sounder box better as it will be right next to you and wake you up. HELP please i do want to wake up to find my rods not there.

Bite Alarms won't stop your rods being stolen if that's what you're buying them for. They are merely there to indicate whether or not you've got a bite or a run, personally I tend to stay awake most of the night anway. The box with the Batman alarms is pretty loud though so you'd have to be quite soundly asleep to miss a bite.

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

I am NOT now and never will succumb to CARP fishing as you lads have!! My friend owns a shop and has told me in the past "Do NOT sell any of those ones chris (The batman ones) I've had all bar one set back since I started selling them!!"

BUT if you wnat some I can get them a bit cheap!! :yeah: And if you want some wireless ones even cheaper if you will have the Ron Thompson ones. Sold 3 sets now and all seem happy???? POA

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

• 2 weeks later...

I can vouch for the GF alarms as detailed in Josh's post.

Reasonably priced and above all, strangely in this day and age they are made in dear old Blighty. What a refreshing change! :)