If you get the chance try getting down to the Keys - its a fairly long drive but well worth it ! :)

On the west coast ( Clearwater etc ) there's good fishing from any of the Piers - most have tackle shacks on them so baits are not a problem - charter boats readily available as well!

On the east Port Canaveral is much the same :)

Check out the BassPro shop at the end of International Drive!!

My other half took the hump when I said a caught a dolphin - it took me hours to explain it wasn't the same as 'Flipper' :)

enjoy !!

Its a diffent world across there for anglers - the piers are geared up welcoming and encourage anglers ( ok its run as a business :) ) - a lot have fish cleaning facilities with running water.

I wish I could say the same for the UK where Anglers are treated poorly and are only just tolerated....grr!!

i know exactly what you mean! ive had some bad experiences on british piers!especialy the ones with angling clubs on em :mad: they take your money to fish there then act like you dont have the right to be there :mad: :mad:

KennyC:

quote:

I wish I could say the same for the UK where Anglers are treated poorly and are only just tolerated....grr!!
Are you serious? Sport fishermen are generally the best folks in the world - they purchase licenses, put cash into local economies, and don't bother anyone (except the fish). Sorry to hear that.

Be good and you will be lonely.
~ Mark Twain

Hiya, I asked the same question on behalf of a workmate of mine, and was told to try www.floridasurffishing.com . I posted a query on there and got some great replies,it's certainly worth a go. There is a forum for boat and shore.

Have a great trip. :cool:

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/