Brightlingsea

cobweb

Thinking of launching from Brightlingsea on sunday, first trip since december.Hoping to pick up a few codling but has anybody heard of any thornbacks moving in yet.

Thanks in advance Mark.

The water temp is still quite cold and I have only heard of the odd one or two roker being caught , but there has been reasonable numbers of small codling.

cheers

Tom

Local trawlers only finding a few but last weekends big tides should have brought them closer. Like most things this year, they seem to be a little late. If you do have a try for the roker. Fresh Herring chunks or Squid are the best bet for the early season fish.

Guest muttley
Thinking of launching from Brightlingsea on sunday, first trip since december.Hoping to pick up a few codling but has anybody heard of any thornbacks moving in yet.

Thanks in advance Mark.

Get yourself to the Swire Hole mate......Anywhere on the S.W edge thats your best chance for an early Roker. Me and my mate Sam Cox done very nicely there last year early on before they became more spread out. I'm out next weekend and i'll head that way myself. Good luck!!!

Matt Lee

Thanks in advance Mark.

Had three close in :sun: yesterday some good cod too

from the shore or afloat?

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!