Skype calls being blocked

Leon Roskilly

With more and more people using Skype to make free telephone calls worldwide, telecommunications companies are running scared.

( http://www.skype.com )

Their latest tactic seems to be to degrade the quality of your internet connection when they detect that you are using skype.

See: http://technology.guardian.co.uk/weekly/st...1747343,00.html

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

I hear the sound of a few excited lawyers running for their court papers....!!!!

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Some interesting stuff about Skype bandwidth usage on there. I may need to keep an eye on that. We're trying to use it to reduce our business call costs, although it doesn't play nicely with Visual Studio so I've had to turn it off at my end. There's only one user in the office most of the time, with a couple of others connecting by VPN. The office runs the servers which run the websites which are the core of the business, and it all runs over the same leased line bandwidth.

Whats a super node?! and should I be worried?!

Dan

its a server dan dont frett

Edited by kempo

anyone got any of of these punches please
Broadband problems, click here
my m8 is a pike angler and one of the nicest people you could ever meet.IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Of course its making money ats a business.

But i can phone the UK for about a euro an from Portugal, and nothing else comes close to that. :)

how many people do you phone,

get them to install ventrilo on there pc and you can chat to them for nothing for hours.

i got vent installed on all my families computers i run the server version they log into my vent ip and chat as much as they want for free.

that is exactly the same as skype but no money, it takes a little bit of configuring but if you are like me and your family is all over the world then they can chat for as long as they like for free, skype has just added a fee to this easy communications procedure.

dont be a sheep man,

investigate the cybore world you will be surprised on what you may find...

anyone got any of of these punches please
Broadband problems, click here
my m8 is a pike angler and one of the nicest people you could ever meet.IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Skype have never asked me for any money!

Skype to Skype calls are free, aren't they?

http://www.skype.com

You can call anyone else on Skype, anywhere in the world for free. And you’ll always be able to do that. There are some other useful things you can do on Skype that aren’t free (but they’re pretty cheap, actually).

Video calling Skype to Skype is also free, and some mobile operators are loading skype to their handsets, so they will be able to make/recieve free calls to other skype using pc or Skype enabled mobile phone.

Where Skype do charge is when you call a normal telephone number (landline or mobile), at cheap rates around the world (Skype Out)

Or where you pay for a telephone number that people can call as though it was a normal landline (Skype In)

(The brilliant thing is that you can establish your Skype In Number in places all over the world and make and recieve landline/mobile calls there at local rates, from your PC in the UK - great if you have relatives or business in far off places. And you can establish 10 Skype In numbers around the world!)

Skype requires little in the way of configuration, and is designed to make it easy for people with little computer literacy to simply download and start using.

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust