best knot for braid

poacher76

hi lads what is the most secure knot for attaching my braided line to my wire trace,had a disaster yestarday

I use a grinner and never had any problems :)

PS expect to be told off for leaving a trace in a pike and fishing for pike out of season

Edited by Anderoo

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

hi lads what is the most secure knot for attaching my braided line to my wire trace,had a disaster yestarday

You don't say what you use between the line and the wire trace. At the risk of sounding obvious I hope you have a swivel in the middle... you'd be surprised as to how many try to tie a piece of mono/braid to a piece of wire. Either a uni-knot or a palomar (or a grinner) will do the trick. See them Here

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

ok lads thanks for the advice,i usually use mono but got some braid to try,accedents happen and i always fish for pike all year round,with 60 acres and 10 people on syndicate did not think that would hurt them,but what is the season if you dont mind me asking, thanks again

Although still not convinced on the merits of using braid over mono I do use it to make my own opinion and when I do I always use the palomar knot and tie to a snap link which then is attached to the wire trace, the snap link having it's own swivel built in. Exactely the same set up as when using mono it's just the line that's different not the terminal set up.

The season for pike traditionally (many years ago) used to be from 1st October to 14th March. That was when close season rules were applicable. Obviously we now have more relaxed rules re the close season and you can fish legally for pike all year round if you are on a lake as you are or with the permission of any fishery owner. If you are on the rivers then you can legally pike fish as per the close season dates

I attach the braid to a plain snap using a palomar knot. I then attach the wire trace to the snap. Not only does it make changing traces easy, it means that I can unclip the trace when unhooking a pike, thus speeding up the operation and also keeping the rod out of the way.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

I attach the braid to a plain snap using a palomar knot. I then attach the wire trace to the snap. Not only does it make changing traces easy, it means that I can unclip the trace when unhooking a pike, thus speeding up the operation and also keeping the rod out of the way.

Snap, if you pardon the pun