Look what I nearly trod on. (Not nasty)

bushwacker

post-1511-1145180477_thumb.jpgWent fishing this week Thursdat thro' Friday evening. When we went for a little walk to have a look around and see where on the lake we fancied fishing. Just through the gate along one side of the lake my son said "Hey look at that", he nipped back to his car to get his camera and here's the offending creature, approx 3ft long, and when I moved it puffed itself up to make itself look bigger, shot round to face me and hissed like a good un'.

I was over the moon to see it so close up, as I only usually get the sight of them as they swim across the water. We didn't catch, but I think was a result in itself.

Edited by bushwacker

"The early bird catch's the worm.............................................................................but the second mouse gets the cheese"

"Amatuers built the ark...........................................................................................................proffessionals built the titanic"

"All mushrooms are edible..........................................................................................................................some only once"

Sorry I don't appear to have got the image size quite right, it's a bit small will try again

Ho Hum, I still can't get it right, so you will have to look at in that size.

"The early bird catch's the worm.............................................................................but the second mouse gets the cheese"

"Amatuers built the ark...........................................................................................................proffessionals built the titanic"

"All mushrooms are edible..........................................................................................................................some only once"

Sorry I don't appear to have got the image size quite right, it's a bit small will try again

Can't hardly make it out matey, even with my glasses on, which in itself is rare!

From what you said I presume it's a grass snake, have to agree that seeing one swim across a pond can make a day out worthwhile even if you blank.

Well done and thanks for sharing

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Would any one be kind enough to resize it for me please?

if you pick a grass snake up it lets off a pungeant scent that takes lots of soap to get rid of :(

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

if you pick a grass snake up it lets off a pungeant scent that takes lots of soap to get rid of :(

As a kid, I used to have a pet grass snake that was used to being handled by me, but didn't like strangers.

I used to take great delight in handing it to someone and watch as their hands become covered with stinky brownish yellowish stuff oozing out from beneath it's belly scales!

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

its quite big enough thankyou very much... :schmoll:

From what you said I presume it's a grass snake, have to agree that seeing one swim across a pond can make a day out worthwhile even if you blank.

it would ruin my day :blink::blink:

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)