cumbrian kayakers

dingle

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Used exactly that system on my P13 all I changed was to extend the rear connection to the rudder fitting ---works a treat, good old anglers afloat :thumbs:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

Of course, if you bought a Dorado you can have any colour you want and it comes ready rigged with the rudder and 3 anchor hauls and a custom crate as standard!

On the Scupper I had to fit a saddle eye on the bow to atach the shock cord and block to. The after end is made fast round one of the existing ring eyes. I only have the one fitted - because I gave the other set of gear to Peter in Denmark! Now I have to buy some more blocks and shock cord to do the after end.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

The plaice bashing date is now set for Sunday the 30th April, so that might suit suit you as well David. It will be easier as the tide is a wee bit later that day and not quite so big.

Just pray for some decent weather. :sun:

Neil

Just to bring this one to the top, if any one is going on Sunday let me know and I will PM a time and some

directions.

Weather at the moment looks fine with an 8mph Northerly forecast. :yeah:

Neil.

Neil,

Where abouts were you when you were plaice fishing, anywhere near Allonby? Unfortunately I can't make it due to prior commitments but wouldn't mind a bash in the near future.

Cheers

Dingle

Sorry Dingle I missed that question the first time I read through the post, yes we were and anywhere in that area should produce as long as the tides not to big. We found that out on Sunday, as the sport was pegged back a bit with the bigger tide. :(

We still conected with a few fish though. Plaice, dab, flounder and codling. Simon ticked one off on his wish list as well.

100_0811p.jpg

Neil