Stupid cats

GlennB

I cooked a 15lb turkey for Easter. Many meals and snacks for loads of people.

Today I boiled up the carcass for stock, added leftover gravy, meat, veg and turned out a stupendous turkey soup/stew.

Loads of prime succulent turkey scraps from the carcass for the cats. Oh no. Oh no no no, matey! They won't touch it. Added soup gravy? Nope. Not good enough. Mew! Mew!

Where have I gone wrong?

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jan V
I cooked a 15lb turkey for Easter. Many meals and snacks for loads of people.

Today I boiled up the carcass for stock, added leftover gravy, meat, veg and turned out a stupendous turkey soup/stew.

Loads of prime succulent turkey scraps from the carcass for the cats. Oh no. Oh no no no, matey! They won't touch it. Added soup gravy? Nope. Not good enough. Mew! Mew!

Where have I gone wrong?

You've got a cat instead of a dog.... :yahoo:

Edited by Jan V

Where have I gone wrong?

Did you remember to marinate the turkey in halibut oil? -_-

:idea: You could have cooked the cats and used them to fatten the turkey for Xmas. :ph34r:

Guest Jan V
Did you remember to marinate the turkey in halibut oil? -_-

:idea: You could have cooked the cats and used them to fatten the turkey for Xmas. :ph34r:

I have ESP. I see this topic going downhill real fast.... :yeah:

Where have I gone wrong?

Ah, cat psychology. They didn't want to *eat* it. Sniff it, maybe lick it a bit. The important thing is that they had the choice of turning their noses up at it. It's the thought that counts.

Anyway, cats are like Gollum, "give it to us, raw and wriggling". Spoiling the lovely crunchy birdy by searing it in the oven!

Guest tigger
I think you need to add some of that Lily pollen they love so much. ;)

Second thoughts, you'd better not if you love them.

:lol:

You could of always added some size 10's hooks, slug pellets and a garnish of rat poison. :lol:

If that fails you can always spade 'em!

Tigger.

Its strange isn't it ,when the picture of that poor Yorkshire Terrier who died so horribly, was put on the forum all posters were quite rightly up in arms about it; yet some of them advocate doing exactly the same to cats, hypocrisy gone mad!!!

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.