Litter

Mark Quinney

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in most cases because they can ,bailiffs should enforce the rules more rigidly (if its a club venue) if its a public water the offenders will soon be finding that water gets closed because of it.

litter is my pet hate but unfortunatly rubbish breeds rubbish and you would be amazed at the efforts some cretins make to avoid taking something lighter and smaller than they brought to the bank in the first place home again :angry:

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I can IMAGINE the picture Mark.

It never fails to amaze me how some so called anglers leave their swims. It makes you wonder what their homes are like. :angry:

Like chesters1, litter is a real bug bear to me. How do you stop it?

Many fisheries supply large enough rubbish bins for anglers to deposit their litter in, often sited close to pegs and on the way back to the carpark. Still, the idiots cannot be bothered to put the rubbish in.

I have spoken to quite a few fishery owners on this subject. They see it as something they have to put up with unfortunately, but they do say they have better things to do than following anglers and picking up their litter.

Litter on the bank is very unsightly, but the worst type is the discarded line, often unseen until you almost trip over it. Worse still, when you come across local wildlife tangled up in it.

I once came across around 30 yards of tangled line across a path on my way back to the car at a venue (I won't name it, apart from it is a well known North Yorkshire commercial)

After almost falling flat on my face from stumbling into the said line I thought I'd better remove it. As I pulled on the line (which was spread all over the area) the reedbed to my left squeeked! On closer investigation I found a coot hiding in the reeds with one of it's legs securely entangled within the line. It was well and truly snared and appeared absolutely terrified.

Very carefully I cut the line from the bird using the scissors from my tackle box. Once released the coot dashed across the water back to safety on one of the islands. My good deed for the day done! :)

Obviously the fool who had left the line was unaware and probably not bothered about the consequences of his actions.

It is a fact that bins produce more problems. Anglers should take all rubish away with or be banned from fishing the water for life. A tough measure perhaps but you'd probably never have to enforce it, or if so just the once.

Bins need very regular emptying and when they are full people leave rubbish next to them. So someone has to remove that as well. They also smell, look ugly and attract rats. No like I said take everything home (including fag ends!).

Rob.

I always hope that those that leave litter will also leave having caught bugger all, i think alot of the time it is the case, as it always seems to be the occasional unthinking angler thats worse.

i also hate it when people flick fag butts into the water casually, its a fishery, not an ashtray.

if i ran a fishery, i would like to have a system where people sign in, to account for themselves, and try to link rubbish to an individual, and if caught, give them a choice, either of doing a total litter pick of the whole fishery, a really in depth litter pick lasting hours, or being banned for life. in theory i suppose it is hard to implement such a scheme, particulary for day ticket fisheries, in syndicate waters i doubt you would have the problem. also, i wouldnt like to confront some big chap, telling him to get off because i think he has left litter.

On the lake we fish, the balif comes round writes down you membership number name and peg number, if there is litter in your swim when you have gone, you get a life ban from the club!

On the lake we fish, the balif comes round writes down you membership number name and peg number, if there is litter in your swim when you have gone, you get a life ban from the club!

Yeah they have a simmilier thing with Lym Ac.Good idiea imho.