Which Bait Would You Reccommend?

Johneh

Worms, corn, bread, maggots or casters.

On hook and mashed together with hemp on the bottom.

Cheers

<º))))><.·´¯`·.ÐÅѸ.·´¯`·.¸><((((º>

IPB Image

If you want to be a bit more innovative, I'd say try a hair-rigged piece of luncheonmeat or frankfurter sausage. It's getting hot enough to catch them on surface-fished crust or dog biscuit too... Tight lines!

You meet all kinds of animal on the riverbank.

Johneh:

Ledger fishing sorry. I used fake sweetcorn on the hook in the end and real corn on the ground, only caught one small carp but my friend (Braderz) caught a 14 lb on the same setup so I just put mine down to bad luck =(

Did you just chuck it and chance it ?

Could be your mates bait was on a patrol route or near a feature.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

Johneh try a different approach like I did some years ago before it all come out.

Use plenty of real yellow sweetcorn as loose feed but a red real sweetcorn on as a hookbait or a different hookbait like luncheon meat,partiles bait, boilies (this will stand out in the among the pile of yellow sweetcorn and also this will stand out in the water). As for you friend it would been that he got lucky!

Look for patrol routes around the island or any sign of carp feeding and bang the bait in there!

[ 31. May 2005, 11:06 PM: Message edited by: Andrew Burgess ]

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

• 3 years later...
If you want to be a bit more innovative, I'd say try a hair-rigged piece of luncheonmeat or frankfurter sausage. It's getting hot enough to catch them on surface-fished crust or dog biscuit too... Tight lines!

hi i seem 2 catch them on maggots or casters but now its getting hotter you might catch on bread or dog biscuit