Measuring camera dimensions

Guest Jan V

Guest Jan V

I am trying to sort out which size AquaPack is the best for my SLR digital camera. Newt's camera is a no brainer. However, I chatted with the company that sells these things and need to decide on which one to order for my camera based on the camera "circumference". Okay, I had math in school, and know that's the distance around. BUT, is that measuring front front to back, going across the front of the lens or it it from side to side. Any thoughts or do I need to go through the torture of another chat session with these folks?

Okay, I know I am waiting until the last minute to get these things, but I was in hopes of convincing Newt to let me buy a new camera so held off as long as possible. I won - I have a Kodak Z740 on it's way....

Edited by Jan V

Turns out that in this case, circumference is the distance around the camera with the lens extended.

Is anyone on here using one of these devices? Given the amount of rain the UK gets and the fact that sea fishing is often gonna give you some salty spray to deal with, a fairly low cost waterproof case that allows shooting through the case looks like a natural.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

OK, so who is the suplier and why don'y they have a list of digi camera's on their site and a guide as to which would be the appropriate case to order for each model. Or am I just being obvious ?

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Guest Jan V
OK, so who is the suplier and why don'y they have a list of digi camera's on their site and a guide as to which would be the appropriate case to order for each model. Or am I just being obvious ?

Supplier is Zealth and I sorted out how to measure the camera for the Aquapac's and the order has been placed. This is not a site that carries cameras so I wouldn't expect them to carry all the possible camera models and their appropriate pac size.

Turns out that in this case, circumference is the distance around the camera with the lens extended.

Is anyone on here using one of these devices? Given the amount of rain the UK gets and the fact that sea fishing is often gonna give you some salty spray to deal with, a fairly low cost waterproof case that allows shooting through the case looks like a natural.

Your own fault for going to the wrong places.

It is ALWAYS sunny on the Isle of Wight and what's more you can cycle everywhere because it's downhill all the way there and all the way back :P

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Sound good Huge.

Oh, is there any fresh water fishing down that way?

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Sound good Huge.

Oh, is there any fresh water fishing down that way?

With all your wisdom and access to the Internet Newt, do not please tell me that you have NEVER come across the seven wonders of the Isle of Wight.

Not Kidding :blink:

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."