line cleaning tips

loopy

How do you clean and condition yor flylines :D Guys

Depends on whether Ive been clumsy and stood on the line Half a dozen times and on how scummy the water is, warm water & lux soap flakes pull through a dry cloth then an armour all dash board wipe. comes up a treat, :)

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

Thanks guys, ive heard that armorall, is not as good as it seems and it can cause cracking in pvc and dosnt have very good uv protectors, unlike some of its competition, at the moment i use cortland xl to conditition my line,which is a worchester hi-vz wf7f.I emailed shakespeare for there advice, still waiting a reply.If i get one

I know this is probably not the recomended way but I always put my lines coiled up(Rolled and loosely held with pipecleaners) in a pillowcase in the washing machine and then I just run them through a cloth with Silicone agent.

Works for me and the silicone makes them slick and fast for long casts.

Been doing this for years and seems ok.

Ocean Kayak Scrambler XT, fishfinder and GPS.

Lots of flyrods and stuff.

Thanks guys, ive heard that armorall, is not as good as it seems and it can cause cracking in pvc and dosnt have very good uv protectors, unlike some of its competition, at the moment i use cortland xl to conditition my line,which is a worchester hi-vz wf7f.I emailed shakespeare for there advice, still waiting a reply.If i get one

Armourall

Ive used it for some time and had no ill effects, as for uv protection , I change my lines after a couple of seasons so never realy given it a thought, also I store my lines in a area away from direct sun light , as for the cumulative effects of uv on line whilst fishing I have my Doughts ( I must add that Im not stalking Bone fish in the blazing sun in Cuba)but will be interested to hear peoples views, I find it imparts a shooting qaulity to my line that is unsupassed by branded conditioners and cleaners :):)

Edited by five bellies

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

Armourall.

Used it for 14 years plus. Works very well, though take care as it will make a slow sinker float !

One of my floating lines is 8 years old and still going strong ( Scientific Anglers ). I only bought a replacement as I expected the old one to start cracking, but, it's still going strong. . . I always clean my lines after each trip and re-Armourall them.

Tackle shops don't like the stuff as a few pounds spent in Halfords gives you enough to last for years.

A good sqirt on a soft cloth and run the line though it a couple of times. Allow to dry before storing.

Andrew Boyd

• 2 weeks later...

Well at the moment im trying Auto Glym vinyl and rubber cleaner, i had a look at my line under my cheap microscope, and it looked quite rough,after a few coats of auto G it has smoothed out abit ,and it shoots well.Only time will tell