paste

budley

hello fellow fishy people i wonder if any of you can help me out i want to make my own paste up but have not got a clue on how to do it any advice would be most helpfull thankyou

hope your pole is put to the test requalary buders

there are many different types of paste you can make, bread paste, cheese paste, trout pellet paste, boilie base mix paste, or commercially prepared "just add water" pastes.

depends what you want to catch, or what kind of paste you had in mind?

hello fellow fishy people i wonder if any of you can help me out i want to make my own paste up but have not got a clue on how to do it any advice would be most helpfull thankyou

the best way ive mad paste is by sokeing a bag of pellets. put your desired amount of pellets in a suitable tub and fill with water till it just goes over the top of the pellets also add flaviouring now if desired ( i use cheese). leave pellets to soak up the water for about 1-2 hours. drain exess water off. mash the pellets together into a ball and need the ball on a dish cloth to get rid of any water that can no longer be soaked up , do this for 5-10mins. by the end you should have some perfect paste.

84854438.png

the best way ive mad paste is by sokeing a bag of pellets. put your desired amount of pellets in a suitable tub and fill with water till it just goes over the top of the pellets also add flaviouring now if desired ( i use cheese). leave pellets to soak up the water for about 1-2 hours. drain exess water off. mash the pellets together into a ball and need the ball on a dish cloth to get rid of any water that can no longer be soaked up , do this for 5-10mins. by the end you should have some perfect paste.

thankyou very much the fishery i fish has got a lot of carp in the water so is there any additives that may work well

hope your pole is put to the test requalary buders

Budgie - I have liters of experience but based on recent results, only about 1.5ml of watercraft. Is there any hope for me?

Tried for carp last weekend and the males are in close to shore getting ready for the ladies but still waiting and jumping around. Results, zero takes. Backed off to the nearest deeper water staging area in hopes of a lady waiting to move in to where the gents are waiting. No takes.

Caught a couple of very, very small catfish and got punctured 3 different places on one hand trying to put one of the little beasties back into the water. Bled a bit and burned quite a bit. Nasty little so-and-so.

This next weekend should be good for the channel cats though since they will be in where the carp are spawning and munching on the nice, tasty eggs. They are about the only fish that seems to pretty much ignore the carpy antics.

budly - do try the recommended search. Lots of good paste articles.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Budgie - I have liters of experience but based on recent results, only about 1.5ml of watercraft. Is there any hope for me?

Newt I believe that Watercraft can be extracted from Experience. Not quite sure of the ratios though! Also best not to dilute either with Alcohol based products. ;)

Technique is also a very good additive but care muct be taken as to much can over complicate things! :rolleyes:

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Take 2 slices of day old white bread and make a sandwich with the flavouring of your choice. I've used cheese, jam, marmalade, preserves, just tried mustard and it works well, meat spreads, fish pastes, marmite, bovril, honey, golden syrup, molasses, liquidised sweetcorn etc. etc.

Put the sandwich in the blender and blitz at full speed until the sandwich has been broken down into a loose/dryish crumb.

Now add any other additives you wish to include. Not too much mind. A little squirt of 'Van Den Eynde Liquid Corn' for instance goes a long way.

Check the crumb. It should be slightly moist to the touch and it should be forming a loose dough.

Now beat an egg yolk and introduce that to you mixture a little at a time. half a yolk should be enough. The egg simply acts as a binder.

Now add any food colouring you wish. Red and yellow seem to be pretty universal.

Take the mixture and put it in a sandwich bag. Knot it and leave it somewhere warm overnight to 'mature'.

In the morning you should have a paste resembling play-dough. Take a pinch and roll it on the palm of your hand. It should form a stiff ball without much fuss.

Stick it on a hook and cast.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Dont neccesarily turn straight to additives, in fact dont use them at all until you have tested the basic paste you decide to make. Take trout pellet paste for instance, trout pellets or carp pellets, are designed so that fish want to eat them, so just pellets in paste form will probably do well on their own. same goes for breadpaste, and cheese paste. they are all attractive to the fish as the fish sees them as a good meal in their own right, if a bait will attract a hungry fish because it uses goodness, and stimulates its hunger, then it will have a good chance of catching. if you straight away go and put a good helping of strawberry flavour in for example, and then catch a few, you will not know how the bait on its own would have done. It is easy to get confused by flavours and additives, take everything regarding flavours and additives in baits, that you hear in the media lightly, or with a pinch of salt. on your local carp fishery, the difference most will make may be hard to detect, or in fact if you use too much it may be negative, thing about your own tastes, you pour yyourself some orange squash, maybe at 1 part orange to 6 parts water, that may be how you like it, but if you pour in half orange half water, you wont want to drink it, the same is true for artificial additives in baits.