Norfolk wildlife

ayjay

Took a few pics while I was away last week. Just thought I'd inflict a few on you lot. -_-

Sand lizard, having a poo, hence the back legs off the deck.

2261crop2ec.jpg

Seal on Blakeney Point

2280crop1ly.jpg

More seals,

2292crop0yd.jpg

Not too wild this one, from the car park at Wells, female Mallard.

2321crop6pr.jpg

Misty morning Redshank.

2331cropf2wu.jpg

OK, not terribly exciting this one, roughly 300 pink-footed geese in this flock,(not all visible) I can't wait to get back in wintertime when there's over 50,000 of them, the noise of the wings as they come down is just amazing.

2335crop7to.jpg

Toad

2336crop2mv.jpg

.....and a few more, (couldn't get them all in one post).

.......and then the sun came out.

2337crop9pd.jpg

Teal, male in foreground

2371crop3qe.jpg

Greylag goose chicks

2384crop6jp.jpg

......and here's Mum, or Dad.

2390crop4rh.jpg

Canada Goose

2410crop7tm.jpg

I've only just spotted these Ayjay, cracking photos. It looks a great place to visit for wildlife sightings & photos.

Well done spotting the lizard, I don't think I've seen one in this country, it looks quite a biggun for the UK??

My fave is the first seal shot, although that Redshank is different to the normal 'shank shots I see/take, I really like that one.

Thanks Ollie; baby bird pics are for girlies really. :D:unsure:

North Norfolk coast is a birdwatchers paradise rabster, obviously lots of other wildlife there too.

The sand lizard is normally from 6-10 inches total length, (I had to look that up) quite a bit bigger than a common lizard, which is normally from 4-6inches. Three were showing quite well that morning, just behind the beach at Titchwell.

The Redshank was perched on a post in Thornham harbour along with several others dotted around on posts and rails everywhere at the time and all sounding off, conditions not really right for digiscoping but after three days of similar I just had to have a go at something.

I like the toad pics. Does anyone know if it's a Natterjack? I don't think it is but I'm not sure and they are in the area.

Does anyone know if it's a Natterjack? I don't think it is but I'm not sure and they are in the area.

Dunno Ayjay, but my book says the Natterjack has a "conspicuous yellow stripe down its back" I don't suppose you got any showing its back did you Ayjay?

Nice pictures ayjay

Erm can i ask how you know the lizard was having a poo ?? LoL

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Nice pictures ayjay

Erm can i ask how you know the lizard was having a poo ?? LoL

Seeing it (the poo) emerge just after the legs were raised did it for me Andrew. :yucky:

No yellow stripes in my pics rabster, just as well really cos I moved this one off the path before it got squashed by someones size tens and you're not allowed to touch Natterjacks.

(I'd not even thought of Natterjack until I was reading something else later on, in fact I'd forgoten that there was such a thing)