peacock quill

markp

Can any 1 out there help? I'm after a supplier of peacock quill's for float making, i know it sounds a tad daft now a days but it beats having to watch soap hr with the loverly wife.

any replies would be appreciated.

Can any 1 out there help? I'm after a supplier of peacock quill's for float making, i know it sounds a tad daft now a days but it beats having to watch soap hr with the loverly wife.

As that life-long Paul Boote Devotee, Jeepster, knows only too well, I have long had my peacock quills specially selected for me by the Maharajah of Jaipur in northern India. I find that the only the very best will do, and those that roam the grounds of the Maharajah's several palaces really are la creme de la creme...

However, for mere mortals like Jeepie (and possibly you, mark), I can recommend this supplier of flytying materials.

http://www.cookshill-flytying.co.uk/

Steve Cooper runs the outfit. Mail him and ask him if he has any peacock quills. If he doesn't, he might know someone who does.

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

Basil Fawlty to the old bat, guest from hell, Mrs Richards.

Mark, cast around Yellow Pages or Google, looking for "city farms", "children's zoos" etc, i.e. those places where kids go to learn that milk comes out of animals and that chickens start life with feathers on ;) They often have peacocks and would probably keep you supplied for a small donation.

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

Welcome to AN Mark.

I get mine from any visit to a 'stately' home that my family or friends make. Most places that keep peacocks, geese, or any other fowl with useful feathers, will usually let you take a few off the ground if you ask politely.

Mine don't have 'royal' patronage, but there again, a birds a**e is just a birds a**e to a mere peasant (not pheasant) like me :)

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

There's a birdpark at Wingham that has a load of peacocks. They have cottoned on to people taking the feathers and now sell them in their shop.

Cheers chaps so it looks like ive gotta get off my lazy behind then lol

Cheers chaps so it looks like ive gotta get off my lazy behind then lol

Yup, unless one flys through window. :o

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John