Scottish RSA irrelevant - official line

When I read what Paul said this morning I knew instantly who the next post would be from and exactly what it would say. I wish I could put £10 on it at the bookies. IMO That is boring and predicatable, but where does it get us ? nowhere fast. Bc if you were really concerned there are better places to express it. Why dont you talk to Nigel and see if you can come with me to the conservation meeting on Friday night ??? Its a nice evening spent with like minded people who want to do their best for sea fishing. There is plenty of room in the car.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest binatone
When I read what Paul said this morning I knew instantly who the next post would be from and exactly what it would say. I wish I could put £10 on it at the bookies. IMO That is boring and predicatable, but where does it get us ? nowhere fast. Bc if you were really concerned there are better places to express it. Why dont you talk to Nigel and see if you can come with me to the conservation meeting on Friday night ??? Its a nice evening spent with like minded people who want to do their best for sea fishing. There is plenty of room in the car.

Nothing new and predictable from that then winter.

Hope on Friday you have a good one sided unpredictable debate about sea angling and whose fault it is that it’s not as you would like it, and then you can all tap each other on the backs and rejoice in believing what you believe without anyone telling you otherwise.

Bye.

This topic isn't about commercial fishermen. It isn't an "us and them" situation

It's about getting anglers to write to their msp's to make the Scottish exec. realise that visiting sea anglers bring many millions of pounds into the scottish economy and as such, establishing our right to have a say in stock management of certain species like Skate, Tope Spurdog, Wrasse, Conger; none of which are targetted by Scottish commercial fishermen.

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk

sorry ian for hijacking, i have removed my post i dont know why i get involved with any of this??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

This topic isn't about commercial fishermen. It isn't an "us and them" situation

It's about getting anglers to write to their msp's to make the Scottish exec. realise that visiting sea anglers bring many millions of pounds into the scottish economy and as such, establishing our right to have a say in stock management of certain species like Skate, Tope Spurdog, Wrasse, Conger; none of which are targetted by Scottish commercial fishermen.

Well said Ian.

I'd also say it says an awful lot about a minister who abuses his position and makes incorrect statements tainted by pre-conceived biases and prejudices.

To me continually perpetuating a recreational vs commercial argument shows a total lack of joined up thinking and is a tactic ( easliy implemented due to history ) being employed in order for him not to face a pressure group whose impact, were they to work together, would be far greater than could be achieved as individuals.

No fish is no fish for everyone.

sorry ian for hijacking, i have removed my post i dont know why i get involved with any of this??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Carful Seavey you'll blow a gasket.

Hello Ian

But it always ends up being so, as it would at any meeting with the Scotish Exec;

establishing our right to have a say in stock management of certain species like Skate, Tope Spurdog, Wrasse, Conger; none of which are targetted by Scottish commercial fishermen.

If they are not targetted is there any real need.

I agree with anglers being on the local FC's we have in England , not sure you have such things, but quota management I 'm not sure about, any way thats done by the EU commission so you should be hasseling them.

I still don't know what inshore activities the Scots get up to, that are damageing stocks so much.

In this area we have to live with the Euopean beamer fleet, which at the moment are working hard along the six mile , reports of seven large boats working in one small area a bit further south , and about the same amount working just north of us off Lowestoft ,and thee or four in between, been much the same for the last 30 odd years, they don't seem to have had much effect on our catches , after a slow start the fishing is now as good as ever.

Just had a thought, If the local FC was made up of just anglers, in fact if anglers were running the country and Nigel was primeminister , it would not make the slightest difference to the activities of the beamer fleet.

Hello Ian

All three boats had a session offshore at the weekend and collectively we caught one codling about 10 inches long.

What other fish did they catch?

I fish to live and live to fish.

Carful Seavey you'll blow a gasket.

Hello Ian

But it always ends up being so, as it would at any meeting with the Scotish Exec;

establishing our right to have a say in stock management of certain species like Skate, Tope Spurdog, Wrasse, Conger; none of which are targetted by Scottish commercial fishermen.

If they are not targetted is there any real need.

I agree with anglers being on the local FC's we have in England , not sure you have such things, but quota management I 'm not sure about, any way thats done by the EU commission so you should be hasseling them.

Hi Wurzel

We want to be involved because prevention is better than cure. I really believe that if there hadn't been such a back lash last year aimed at the Lowestoft fish merchant then many commercial boats would be getting ready for longlining the tope this summer.

Regards the SFC's Scotland is just setting 12 such committees (Inshore advisory groups) but these will be in an advisory capacity only, and RSA has been refused representation despite being asured we would be invited 2 years ago

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk

Hello Ian

We want to be involved because prevention is better than cure. I really believe that if there hadn't been such a back lash last year aimed at the Lowestoft fish merchant then many commercial boats would be getting ready for longlining the tope this summer

You are very mistaken on that one Ian, localy any way, nothing changed , the local small lineing fleet landed their tope and smooth hounds the same as they always have and nodoubt will again this year.

Regards the SFC's Scotland is just setting 12 such committees (Inshore advisory groups) but these will be in an advisory capacity only, and RSA has been refused representation despite being asured we would be invited 2 years ago

I don't see why you should not be represented , mind you judging by the treatment Steve and Tom have had on their SFC you won't miss much.

I fish to live and live to fish.