snatcher's week in june

tack4

Manxman:

Sorry to hear the bad news Bill, have they given you a date yet.

Not sure where your living, but whats the work situation like up your way

Hi Manxman

I live on the border of Glasgow but being a food ingredients Sales Manager (ex), I was covering Scotland, Northern England & all of Ireland on my travels.

Once I have my meeting next week I'll have my 12 weeks (non working) notice.

I've only been with this company for just under 4 years which will limit my redundancy payment. Bloody difficult as I haven't been out of employment for 31 years.

Limited prospects up here for a similar type job with similar remuneration.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Snatcher,

I was only 27 at the time (industrial accident), and hadn't been at the company long. Low pay off and no pension :mad: :mad: .

Blew all my savings setting myself up.

I've been to Scrabster... and I want to go back!!!

As long as you are a happy chappie mate that is all that anyone can want. My mortgage is finished this summer,my daughter flew the coop years ago but young snatch!As long as I can run a car,keep my caravan on and earn a few beer vouchers thats me sorted.

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

David.W:

Im more than happy now, I work about 120 hours a week and love it. havent been this poor but, its not all about money... is it???

Oh yes it is!

More so when the greater part of your income is spoken for through the bank & building society.

Bill, I'm very sorry to hear of your plight, :( the same happened to me last November....15 mins notice that the depot was closing. I had only been there 18 months,and loved the job,so got very little pay off. There are ten of us going to a tribunal, from the wee cleaner to the guy with the X Type. Hope you find something soon.....I am now on the road to self employment,and enjoying every minute of it....so, it was (mibbes) a blessing in disguise.

[ 23. February 2005, 09:47 PM: Message edited by: Norrie ]

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

you still contemplating a wee jaunt down this way with your boat/hedge trimmer? during the june week or with work situation have plans been put on hold

Andrew

member of Save our Sharks

SOS

SACN member

it's the taking part that counts!

@==---¬--¬--¬------<(')))>< angling classics