snatcher's week in june

tack4

I think I will steer clear of any precarious rock marks this time around as I don't fancy hobbling the 1 mile plus length of Holyhead breakwater with crutches lol!

Hmmm that gives me an idea...how about a species hunt match on the Saturday afternoon/evening? Say a fiver per head sweep with winner taking all?

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fished down the south a bit when I worked down there occasionally.

Furthest north I've had a garfish is North Wales - but I'm sure they're may be some up as far as the Mull of Galloway due to climate changes.

The difficult part is trying to locate the exact depth that they are feeding - but if there are a few fishing then watching who's catching helps

Have caught launce amongst the mackerel at the Mull which were just about as big as garfish!Have also caught herring amongst the mackerel shoals.

Not fancy another species. Any good at mullet fishing - if you are you can coach me Kenny. There are some brutes all around the Drummore area

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

One visiting angler does very well on the fly for Mullet. He usually fished Drummore Harbour, on an evening flood tide.

Regards Garfish. I have never seen or heard of one being caught round here.

If your interested in Pollack on the fly, have a look in Februarys Boat fishing monthly. There is a four page review with a fair bit of technical information. on backing lines etc.

www.ssacn.org

www.tagsharks.com

www.onyermarks.co.uk

I am gonna try at either first light or dusk. Catty in a load of bread and dryfly a piece of breadlike polystyrene(superglued to a white painted hook) amongst the bread. Will do this on the beach between the Ship and the caravan park - are you up for it?

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy