OF CONCERN TO ALL ANGLERS WHO FISH DENGEMARSH KENT.

maidstonemike

I have received a letter today from the Town Clerk of Lydd Town Council, in response to my letter of support for the council, in fighting the re-classification of the road to Dengemarsh beach. If the re-classification goes through, it will be closed to the public, so no more fishing.

The council needs our support to keep this road open.

They need letters form anyone who has used this road for twenty years or more.

Copies of all letters need to be sent to the following.

Mrs M Weaver,

Town Clerk

Lydd Town Council,

Town Clerk's Office.

Guild Hall

Lydd,

Romney Marsh,

Kent. TN29 9AJ

For furher information, you can e-mail direct. townclerk@lyddtown.org.

Please give your support, otherwise the road to a very good fishing mark wil be closed for good.

Many thanks.

Edited by maidstonemike

E mail sent mike.

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

E mail sent mike.

Cheers mate, I hope more than one person replies? Denge is a good mark, hate to see the road close after all these years.

I should mention that this would include Gallaways as well.

Edited by maidstonemike

Can you give me some more information on this possible road closure.

I have fished there, on and off for something in the region of 30 years.

It is one of my favourites, particularly Galloways, and about the only place I fish out of choice. i.e. not competiitions.

I would gladly send a letter or email, but would like some background information first please.

Cheers

Cheers mate, I hope more than one person replies? Denge is a good mark, hate to see the road close after all these years.

I should mention that this would include Gallaways as well.

Email sent Mike, my mate had a 11lb Bass down there a few years ago, I'm sure he'll send one as well.

Scott

No Luck This Time..............Roll On Next Time

Can you give me some more information on this possible road closure.

I have fished there, on and off for something in the region of 30 years.

It is one of my favourites, particularly Galloways, and about the only place I fish out of choice. i.e. not competiitions.

I would gladly send a letter or email, but would like some background information first please.

Cheers

If you contact the Town Clerk, she will give you the info. All I know, is that the road is going to be re-classified, and closed, and Lydd town council are fighting it, and need letters of support for evidence that a good number of people have, and do use that road. They don't want e-mails, thay want a simple letter from people who have used the road for 20 years or more, stating that they have used the road, and signing it.

Edited by maidstonemike

Letters been sent as well Mike :)

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

Thanks chaps, this is one where we all need to pull together. Hate to lose these good marks. No reason why the road should be closed. I suspect they don't want to repair it. Having said that, look at the state of it.

Don't know who is responsible for the upkeep. A lot of walkers use it too, afer driving to the beach of course.