Flies for mullet

Snatcher

I was up that way about 10 years ago we went beach fishing for spotty dogs and had a go on an old pier for conger One lad had a strap about 24" (i think the pier is where they broke up the old ark royal ? ) We toured about and came to a spot called East and West Tarbet. We had no gear other than beach casters so could not tackle the Mullet that were feeding on the surface like trout in a lake I think fly fishing would be some fun there. :D

I was up that way about 10 years ago we went beach fishing for spotty dogs and had a go on an old pier for conger One lad had a strap about 24" (i think the pier is where they broke up the old ark royal ? ) We toured about and came to a spot called East and West Tarbet. We had no gear other than beach casters so could not tackle the Mullet that were feeding on the surface like trout in a lake I think fly fishing would be some fun there. :D

East and west Tarbet,they are my stamping ground. Ian Burrett launches from east Tarbet a lot. Never noticed mullet there before,must take a closer look!! Cheers mate :)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Hello Snatcher, have you seen this fake bread that carp anglers use?

I realy think that if you was to whip this to a hook it would make a good mullet fly and be strong enough to take a cast. other than that small flies that imertate fry like baby herring or sandeels would work, the old man caught a 5.5lb on a bass fly the other year.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

Hello Snatcher, have you seen this fake bread that carp anglers use?

I realy think that if you was to whip this to a hook it would make a good mullet fly and be strong enough to take a cast. other than that small flies that imertate fry like baby herring or sandeels would work, the old man caught a 5.5lb on a bass fly the other year.

Make bread flies from plastozote,and they look the biz, White tippex the hooks to stop reflection. Do you want a few freebies to try cos I am making some tomorrow. Have just made some weed/harbour rag/ shrimp flies up on 10s with mullet in mind.

It is all experimental stuff so if you want to be a test pilot send me an addy by pm to post them to :)

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Anyone had much luck with weed flies then. Was tying some up on 14s last night and I think they look ok,do not know what the mullet will think though :blink: How long do you leave your strands?? Was leaving mine an inch or just over. For the harbour rag found some "hairy" wool in a local shop in red and pink. I think makes a very good imatation but then again that may just be bias!!

Will try and get young Snatcher to photograph them and bung them on here for your feedback. In the meanwhile if anyone wants some of this wool posting to them to try just giz a shout :)

Got a full week over at my caravan in June so will have a go for them then :)

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair