An Irishman goes to the Doctors

Huge_Vitae

An Irishman (Jim) goes to the Doctors and is told to go for a 'fasting blood test', the Doctor explains that he mustn't eat anything for 14 hours in a row and can only drink water.

The morning of the test the Jim is asked by the Nurse if he has fasted "Oh yes" replies Jim, "I fasted for 14 hours like the doctor said."

The Nurse (actually a phelebotomatologistythingy) is happy and for the calculation says "When did you last have anything to eat"

"About 30 mins ago, I made a fried breakfast before coming here......"

Now there are some of you that might think this is or is not funny, the problem is that it is the truth :blink: Sat in my Doctors yesterday and I saw my mate Jim, he is a smashing bloke who suffers from Parkinson's Disease.........

He went on to tell me "And I got here early for my appointment so I told the receptionist when I booked in that I knew I was half an hour early but I had something else to do, and she said to me "I am sorry Jim, you would be early but your appointment was yesterday" :(

Poor Jim, Lovelly chap like I said, had to leave work early because of his illness, had one hell of a battle with the DWP getting incapacity benefit, they couldn't see any reason why he couldn't work because of Parkinson's Disease (he was a Butcher by trade!!!)

When he finally got it they took it off him 2 years later and then told him THAT HE SHOULD HAVE PUT IN FOR DLA but that now it was too late.

I LOVE helpful people in the community don't you? :angry:

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

There are words to describe the "DO-GOODERS" who help people like this!!! They are generally called NIMBYs!!!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Err.... IB and DLA are not mutually exclusive. It's perfectly possible to legitimatly be claiming both and it doesn't matter an iota which one someone claims first.

The only way that the two interact is that certain awards of DLA automatically lead to IB without medical examinations and the like, and a DLA decision maker is able to request copies of medical reports used to decide IB entitlement should they feel that this is likely to be appropriate.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Err.... IB and DLA are not mutually exclusive. It's perfectly possible to legitimatly be claiming both and it doesn't matter an iota which one someone claims first.

The only way that the two interact is that certain awards of DLA automatically lead to IB without medical examinations and the like, and a DLA decision maker is able to request copies of medical reports used to decide IB entitlement should they feel that this is likely to be appropriate.

Sorry ken, you read me wrong or I have not stated it correctly...........

When he went sick, his employer paid him for a while and then stopped paying him sick pay.

He had to go to the DWP to get incapacity benefit. But they kept arguing about it and sending reports to his GP (which really **** off the GP!)

After he eventually got IB they only paid him for a few years because he got to 65

It was at that point when he was short of money that they told him HE SHOULD have claimed DLA.

Hope this makes sense now :blink:

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Yep, makes more sence now.

I hope his doctors have now managed to sort him out with medication that controls his cindition without too much tremor or rigidity.

If not, I'm told that there is now a surgical option but i don't know much about it other than it involves the insertion of some sort of stimulating device a bit like a heart pacemaker.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

If not, I'm told that there is now a surgical option but i don't know much about it other than it involves the insertion of some sort of stimulating device a bit like a heart pacemaker.

That'll be this business, Ken:

Deep Brain Stimulation:

This operation is the most recent advance in brain surgery for Parkinson's disease. It involves placing fine wires deep in the brain to the same positions used for either pallidotomy or thalamotomy operations, and attaching them to a small electrical stimulator, similar to a pacemaker, which is inserted in the collar bone.

The stimulator can be turned on and off by the patient with the use of a magnet rubbed over the device, and to alter the amount of electrical current being used to stimulate the brain.

The operation can be carried out on both sides of the brain at the same time, and is believed to work by causing a paralysis of the brain cells involved in the tremor and symptoms of Parkinson's disease.

Surgeons need to be careful to get the balance right in this operation. However, the risks with deep brain stimulation are less than with thalamotomy and pallidotomy, and it can be turned off if necessary.

http://www.medic8.com/healthguide/articles...parkinsons.html

Saw this on City Hospital the other week on the BBC! Guy who had the procedeure carried out was up and running in minutes!! BLOODY marvellous!!

(RE> Previous answer, wanted to say something else but deleted it as I knew it would be removed!! and that was all I could think of!)

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Davy.

Thanks for the Medic8 link. Some useful information on there.

I already use Netdoctor quite a bit to look stuff up but another resourse is always handy.

You're welcome, Ken - Trouble is, there's an awful lot of dodgy health info on the web and although the worst sites are usually pretty obviously so, it can sometimes be a bit tricky sorting the wheat from the chaff.

You can't go wrong with any of the resources on this link (they've all been evaluated by librarians). :)

http://www.library.nhs.uk/Default.aspx?ref=at