Anyone fished at Arrochar ?

Snatcher

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey conger,

any advice on how to get these great wrasse from the caves? all day, throw the ragworm in and straight away comes a midget wrasse. got boring pretty fast. for some reason the pollack had also buggered off. is there actually cod down there?

snatcher, it is the best part of an hours walk from arrochar to anywhere decent.

and if the seal is there, its not really worth even casting.

thinking about it again. with just lures you wont have a very exciting day, as all the time i have been spinning there (and from someone else whos spent a fair amount of time there) , i have never seen anything but mackerel caught on spinners.

Seems to be a mixed response Snatcher, I reckon if you want to give it a try, then give it a try, if its not too much hassle to smuggle the rod then why not try it ... Jim were abouts in Paisley are you?

[ 28. September 2005, 08:56 PM: Message edited by: Orca ]

Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

The beer was a dead certainty ff2 will probably pack the telescopic just in case.

If I do not get fishing will report in on the beer then :) Oh and our bus trip to Loch Lomond :)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

Jim, Try to keep your bait close to bottom without snagging the kelp; if your hitting small wrasse consantly move your float 5/10 yards either side and try. the docks at the top of the lock also hold good fish; decent conger too. As for the cod at the caves, I had a session there maybe three years ago and caught a three pounder and a six pounder on squid baits, but since I've only ever taken fish around size limit. I've heard reports from different ivers on different times of one really big cod that sit's on one of the ledges....

if your still hitting only small wrasse on the float, go on the bottom with a rotten bottom.

We're gonna need a bigger boat!

Oh well just packed the case - the gear is in

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Hello team just got back from my Arrochar/Loch Lomond trip.

I took my fishing gear Orca but never got a chance to use it,our timetable was that tight:(

We stayed at the Claymore hotel and the night porter knew your hubby. Small world or what!!!

Loch Lomond and the Trossacks were beautiful. Also done a cruise on the loch (bar on board :) )

An excellent weekend break Orca

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair