Oban for the big un's

MARTING

Hiya barry,

More's the pity that they can't be photoed and tagged and released from the side of the boat. Thats the way the larger conger are mainly treated unless you get trophy hunters who need the photo of them hung up. Saying that most of the ones that i see are released at the side of the boat, how ever if i was to catch one over a ton i would have to seriously consider the options. If the skipper gestimates the weight of the eel, thats good enough for me.

It's reasonably easy to tag, photo and release at the side of the boat, the only real issue is when you try and get a length for the fish. Given the petential for problems on a small boat the "code of Conduct" actualy recomends this action for small boat anglers.

Davy

"Skate Anglers Have Bigger Tackle"

Hiya barry,

It's reasonably easy to tag, photo and release at the side of the boat, the only real issue is when you try and get a length for the fish. Given the petential for problems on a small boat the "code of Conduct" actualy recomends this action for small boat anglers.

:D I'm only 5ft 7ins, does this make me a "small boat angler"? :lol: