First time.

tony jolley

Hi,

I wanted to tell you all I had my very first sturgen last night at 7lb. Fought like a beast on a 1.5lb test curve rod. I had another shortly after at just over 6lb. :clap2:

Best came to my bro Jimmy who had his first and it was a double at exactly 10lb. I tried to lift it up so it weighed less but he was'nt having it. :rolleyes:

Well done Jimmy.

Edited by tony jolley

Tony B.T Jolley

Hi,

I wanted to tell you all I had my very first sturgen last night at 7lb. Fought like a beast on a 1.5lb test curve rod. I had another shortly after at just over 6lb. :clap2:

Best came to my bro Jimmy who had his first and it was a double at exactly 10lb. I tried to lift it up so it weighed less but he was'nt having it. :rolleyes:

Well done Jimmy.

I have just got the pics off jimmy.

how do I post one on this topic?.

Tony B.T Jolley

Tony - when you add a reply (full reply rather than fast reply) there is a section below the text entry block labeled File Attachments.

Browse, locate the pic on your PC, click Add This Attachment and you are good to go.

And WTG to the pair of you on catching those fish.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Tony - when you add a reply (full reply rather than fast reply) there is a section below the text entry block labeled File Attachments.

Browse, locate the pic on your PC, click Add This Attachment and you are good to go.

And WTG to the pair of you on catching those fish.

Thanks Newt.

Here goes hope it works,post-801-1147622272_thumb.jpg

Thanks Newt.

Here goes hope it works,post-801-1147622272_thumb.jpg

I dont think there are many of these fish in this country.

Tony B.T Jolley

Im pretty sure that the "Sturgeon" stocked in the UK are in fact Sterlet. Ive not caught one myself but would love to as they are one of the few species Ive not caught.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Nice one Tony . Whereabouts did you catch it ? My mate had one from Beaver farm fishery Nr Lingfield in Surrey. It weighed approx 12lb and as we didn't even know they were in the lake , came as a bit of a shock when it surfaced !!!

I've also seen them come out of Crow Green in Brentwood , Essex , as well .

Nice one Tony . Whereabouts did you catch it ? My mate had one from Beaver farm fishery Nr Lingfield in Surrey. It weighed approx 12lb and as we didn't even know they were in the lake , came as a bit of a shock when it surfaced !!!

I've also seen them come out of Crow Green in Brentwood , Essex , as well .

caught them from beacon view appley bridge wigan. budgie i think you may be right best one in the lakes 31lb

Tony B.T Jolley

Hi Tony - long time no speak!!!

That is a Quality fish - my mate has spoke about these before but I have never seen one - They look so weird. Is it me or do they have the look of a seahorse to their faces?

Anyway nice one mate, by the way how much is a day ticket there?

Speak soon

Tony, Great FISH!!! I too like Budgie have never caught one!!!!!! Here is Wishing you Many MONRE!

HOPPY4

HOPPY