pole care

funfishing

if financially viable a pole can be repaired many local tackle shops could do it [as long as their not a load of box shifters] you can send it away look in the angling press or if you feel confident enough there are kits out there that'll let you do it youself

hope that helps :thumbs:

MOH.gifmynewsiggy.gif

www.electricunclesam.com

fun fish if its a no 3 section your better off buying a universal top 3 kit mate, but if ya local to notts and you ever do a big section i know a very good man who does carbon repairs at a cheap pice ( my old boss :P )

Ive been repairing/making tackle for many years.Despite that there are very few pole repairs that I could carry out. If your pole is of a "take apart" type you will have some chance of repairing minor damage and you can repair quite severe stuff by inserting a section of carbon/glass you obviously cant do this on a telescopic.All these types of repairs though will be far from perfect. A good pole repairer will have acsess to a suitable oven so that he can repair and then bake a broken section so that it wont affect the action.On larger sections the cost of repair can be cheaper than a new section.On thinner sections its cheaper to replace them.Really depends where the damage is.

Not many tackle shops will be able to undertake this sort of work but may be able to put you on to some one who does.If not take a look in the press.

In your case with the No3 section being the one I would follow MarkP's advice unless the damage is quite minor and at one end.If it is at the end let us know and I will post a link to a step by step repair guide I wrote.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Its a strange world when some one says follow my advice :P another thing i forgot was fine tooth hacksaw chop either side of ya split and telescope them through each other got couple of sections like that my self doesnt sem affect th pole action just the length {damn that far side of the canal}

Scotland? Oh so its a bit pointless telling you to pop it round to me one evening!

As you say its new then I would sugest you go to the shop you brought it from (or if to far away any shop that stocks Browning products) and ask them to contact the manufacturers to see how much a replacement section would be.Aint going to cost to ask.Most current poles will have spares available and Im pretty sure just a No3 section would cost les than having it repaired! even less than posting it down to me and back again! Let us no how you get on.

Oh try looking at the price of "Universal Top 3's " on Ebay you might be lucky,but I still reckon Browning will do you a replacement section cheaper.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

or even better write a nice letter to the man at browning sometimes they send you a freebie or two, worked for me when i was a wee nipper