Dreams do come true!

ginger

As anglers/fishermen we all exist on a dream. A specimen fish, a netful, access to a special venue and so on and when it happens we often need to pinch ourselves to make sure it is real and not that dream. Picture this, we are in Derbyshire with our grand daughter, wife says go fishing if you like I will take Ella to see my sister. Nuff said so armed with my very basic tackle, which I leave in Derbyshire just in case, plus a pint of maggots and a tin of sweetcorn Dorothy drops me off at Butterley Reservoir at around 4.15, having chosen what is called the High Bank (for obvious reasons) I select a peg ajacent to a large tree. Weather is very dull with a fine misty drizzle and a steady but not strong breeze blowng into my face. As I clamber down the steps to the waterside I notice fish, and not tiddlers either, rolling all over he place so with trembling fingers I hastily tackle up my Used Tackle waggler rod (£25), Shakespeare Persuit reel (£10) with 5 lb line, 3 lb bottom and size 18 eyed barbless hook. Two maggots are installed and launched two rod lengths out into around 9 feet of water. The tension is unbearable yet the wait is fruitless, half an hour and not a bite yet there are bream, carp and tench launching themselves skywards everywhere. Shorten the tackle to around 18 inches deep and flick it out again, soon into a bream around 3lbs, another couple follow before I switch back to the bottom having been feeding maggots regularly for an hour. Dream kicks into overdrive. Three and a half hours later I have caught a total of 18 bream between 3 and maybe 6 lbs plus a perch of a few ounces and guess what, I had forgotten to take the camera! This has been my best session for a very long time, if not all time, but I just have to go back Sunday! Fished again in the same peg from 9ish to 2pm but 'only' managed 5 bream all over 4 lbs at a guess plus a beautiful fully scaled mirror carp of around 8-10 lbs and lost another which which was somewhat bigger. Sadly I lack the eloquence of Terry Doe but

keep on dreaming that dream, it does happen now and again. Took a couple of pictures on Sunday and will send them to my brother and get him to stick them in this thread somewhere, there is nothing like rubbing it in!

Very good....keep us informed and remember those pictures next time.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

well done m8, its great when you have sessions like that, i cant wait till the season starts again then ill be back down there

Well done ginger the plac is virtually on my doorste and ive only ever fished it once, only reason being all the old timers put me off with storys about how good it used to be in the god old days, taking pillow cases of fish back home to feed the cat with, and how to make bread paste to catch em on, and why dont you sell porcupine quills any more i could go on but........................................................

Thank you for your kind comments, I did enjoy the seesions to say the least! Like all dreams, they tend to be short lived, brought back down to earth with a bump last Wednesday and again on Saturday. Wednesday evening saw the first summer evening match on Soverein lake at Swaffam A.Cs Bradmoor lakes venue, caught 4 Perch for about 3 ounces whilst at the same place on Saturday I fished from 10 am through to 7 pm for a 4 ounce Roach and a slightly begger perch. Reality bites back!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Brilliant report bro', though you had taken great delight in ringing me and drooling with self congratulation about half way through the "dream session", then rang again later to fill in the details, botherly love eh!!!!!!!. But seriously folks, great stuff ginger, always liked the place and if i was the chap who lived on the doorstep i would be tempted to give the venue some serious hammer. Look forward to our next session, love to dot, see you soon.

Oh and by the way, I have been offered a permanant job now, Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeee, new feeder rod here i come.

Send me the pics and i will see what i can do with them (having reduced the fish accordingly) not that i'm bitter and twisted :wallbash:

"We will sit down and discuss it, then decide that I was right in the first place" Brian Clough the best england manager we NEVER had