CARP SNAPPED ROD HELP!

BURTON

hiya thanks for looking just hope you can help?

ive been fishing a decent sized pond that hold some good carp up too 25lb + i see them near some snags so thought i would av a go for them on the surface.

This carp came up fpr my bread and i struck into it there was a big splash and my rod snapped into about 5 pieces lol i coudt believe it.

my line is 15lb an the test crve was 1.75lb test curve do i need a stronger rod? well obviously i do bt wot 3lb maybe i dunno any sugesstions all help would be brill thanks all.

also could anyone suggest a rod that would be good for this situation.

Guest tigger

It must have been a crap rod, especially shattering like that!

I think I would take it back to the shop were I bought it for a refund.

OI OI,

i agree with the above nothing wrong with the test curve must have been a fault in the rod take/send

it back, or becarefull how hard you strike LOL.

:(:(:(

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

What rod was it just out of curiosity??

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Impossible to break balanced tackle in normal angling situations. The most logical explanations are that a) there was a fault in the blank,was it new or not used much?

or B) most probable that its recieved a hard knock in transit and although remaining intact whilst you cast etc it went whilst you were playing the fish.Carbon is more prone to this than glass.

My brother once fell down the stairs landing against my trotting rod,he told me he had heard a crack.I examined the rod (and remember Ive built literally hundreds of them) couldnt see a problem ,said it was ok only to have it fold in half on the first fish I hooked on an AN trip to the Itchen!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

What rod was it just out of curiosity??

it was a diawa rod

maybe it was coz it was damaged i dunno had it a couple of years so cant tk it back now. do you think the length of the rod mite be the problem? would using a 9ft rod or even a 10ft be better.

also does it work the higher the test curve the more chance i have of keeping thm out the reeds.